Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen lots of discussion on here about jet spread and it seems clear that most are running at least 6-8 sizes smaller on the fuel jet. I have the Performer RPM plate which recommends square jetting (71/71 for 150HP) and 5.5psi fuel pressure.
My Regulator (Aeromotive) can only go as low as 6psi, so I am worried that it will be too rich.
I am going to run one heat range colder plugs and retard the timing 5 degrees, and will run C16.
What do you guys think is a good start for jetting?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have run 73n 950lbs 60f at 6lbs. pullin out 10 degrees that worked for me

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It sounds like I need to start at about a 61 fuel jet (w/ the 71N) then..

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use to have one of those plates and it worked really good. I would start with a 65 or so and check your plugs after a pass. Go down if you need to. Better safe than sorry. What comp. you runnin'.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm curious about this too..I've got the rpm II and it has the same factory jetting. I haven't sprayed much so I was afraid to mess with them. I'm curious what steve has to say about this. I haven't made a full pass yet on the kit so I'm not sure how the square jets will do. I do run the recessed tip plugs for sure. I will say a friend of mine has the same kit, jetted it for a 200hp hit and made like 198hp extra on the dyno, so I figure its kinda close.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. It has 15:1 comp. I will probably will start at 65 and work down from there.
I wish now that I had just bought a Real Street plate from IS, though. From what I've read on here that sounds like the best single bar plate out there.

·
Super Moderator
12,166 Posts
Thanks guys. It has 15:1 comp. I will probably will start at 65 and work down from there.
I wish now that I had just bought a Real Street plate from IS, though. From what I've read on here that sounds like the best single bar plate out there.
It's never to late !! ;) The RPM plate isn't bad and will flow what we look at as a real 275-300 if set up properly. The Real Street plate will go to around 400.. :cool:

As far as the jetting goes we commonly use spreads anywhere from say about 10-20+ numbers depending on the combo as well as the overall flow of the particular system...

Feel free to give a call if you would like to talk over your options.. Thanks, SJ

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Steve. I only want to spray around a 100-150 shot or so, which is why I thought I would be fine with the RPM plate. I didn't know until recently that you used to work for Edelbrock, so I feel better about my little cheap kit now! But, still, I would've really have preferred to have some of of those little Superman decals under the hood!!! I will definitely give you a call when I want to upgrade. Thanks again.

·
Registered
542 Posts
It's never to late !! ;) The RPM plate isn't bad and will flow what we look at as a real 275-300 if set up properly. The Real Street plate will go to around 400.. :cool:

As far as the jetting goes we commonly use spreads anywhere from say about 10-20+ numbers depending on the combo as well as the overall flow of the particular system...

Feel free to give a call if you would like to talk over your options.. Thanks, SJ
Steve what makes your system different then the edelbrock one?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think Steve's RS Plate spray bars have a lot more holes - two nitrous for every fuel, and the bars are Stainless steel, I believe. And, of course, it comes with Steve's tuning expertise!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Found this on a search, so a 150hp recommendation from Edelbrock is 71n/71f and you guys are recommending 71n/61f 5.5psi? Just making sure I read this right.

·
Horsepower and Hops
4,574 Posts
The factory settings are "safe". The old NOS brand settings were spread up to ten sizes bigger on the fuel. CYA I guess. I have found best results on that plate with 102N 93F @6.5
pullin 7 degrees. It's the "KFC" tune-up- Xtra crispy!{quote:Big Chief} Nitrous Rules:supz:

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
The factory settings are "safe". The old NOS brand settings were spread up to ten sizes bigger on the fuel. CYA I guess. I have found best results on that plate with 102N 93F @6.5
pullin 7 degrees. It's the "KFC" tune-up- Xtra crispy!{quote:Big Chief} Nitrous Rules:supz:
Thats not a 150 setup though?

·
Horsepower and Hops
4,574 Posts
Thats not a 150 setup though?
O yea. I forgot he only wanted to spray 150. Sorry I got a little excited. You're right, the 71N 71F would be a nice safe 150HP, and 71F 61F would be a little stronger and crisper. Newb mistake:smt021

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm currently running a ten jet spread (67N/57F) @6psi FP with 25 degrees total timing and it could still go leaner. The motor likes that tune, but the tires don't, LOL!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts