Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Jesel Sportsman shaft rockers to run on my SBF 347 with about 275 seat and 775 over the nose pressures with about 25 psi boost? Should I even try them or just send them back and get something stronger?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought a set of Jesel Sportsman shaft rockers to run on my SBF 347 with about 275 seat and 775 over the nose pressures with about 25 psi boost? Should I even try them or just send them back and get something stronger?
We run the Jesel Sportsman's on a Ford circle track build with 240 lbs seat and 600 lbs open. We run them around 3000 laps on 3/8-1/2 mile tracks and then replace the bodies. 5 seasons, never broke a body, have had a couple of shafts show a little wear, but I suspect the shaft is the same as the Pro Series.
My best guess is your application would be at the limit of the bodies. If you change, look at steel bodies from T&D.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Jesel Sportsman's Solid Body on my sbf with PAC 1226 springs, about those same pressure's, been thru 2 Drag Weeks with no issues. Just make sure you have the proper spring pressure/install height for the cam you are running.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I sent my jesels back and got t&d. Look at the two next to eachother, the t&d carry the offset through the fulcrum and have added meat around the tip. Also the t&ds come with the setup tool.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The T&Ds do look good. I actually decided to order a custom set of Crower Stainless Steel 1.65s with the needle bearing tip option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts