Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello , I am building a sbf 445 w/ blue thunder 3.6's.... I swiched from my standard comp endurx lifters to jessel dogbone .905 I made my own spacers and I made the dogbones out a scrap piece of .250 alluminum I had left over from my front engine plate.the top of the dogbone lifters is made out of alluminum and at a recent adrl event I attended I saw a jesel dogbone and it was made out of some form of steel .should I be concerened with the dogbones and the lifters trading metal?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Re: jessel lifters

Dude, Ya better read the rules, and hit the newbie thread!!!!:smt072 This is the Yellow Bullet!!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Oh I am sorry I guess that is what I get for asking a bunch of dumb hillbillies a question about metalurgy .thanks for the smart ass attitude

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I think it would be best contacting Jesel with your question. Yes the sets I have seen installed used a steel retaining plate.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts

Oh I am sorry I guess that is what I get for asking a bunch of dumb hillbillies a question about metalurgy .thanks for the smart ass attitude
Hmm smart ass attitude, and your response was what ?

Yep we all just came in from the hayfields and tending to our stills. Some of the smartest people in the industry post here.Did you by chance even notice the sponsor /moderator of this forum ? I am sure they will be impressed with your introduction.

This is the Yellow Bullet, there are basic rules to follow, Did you miss the STICKY thread for newbs to post ? I suggest a trip in there prior to asking ? or selling an item.

Have a great day, i got to go tend to momma she be in the moonshine again and we got a swuare dance to attend.

·
Registered
649 Posts
You are so smart. You corrected your first post for spelling, and still spelled Jesel wrong. Then you misspelled metallurgy(it has two ll's). So yeah we are just a bunch of hillbillies. Yeehaw

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea I had to make a fixture to open up my lifter bores so I thought I would try and make some dogbones at the same time (This is before I knew they are made from steel) just tring to save some money. I will probally just buy some dogbones from jesel to make sure I dont have any issues.

And as for my response to the other post I have been feeling edge'e and my medicine hasnt been working to good here lately. I just wanted to see if anyone has made them before or some words of wisdom.

For what it is worth I applogize for reacting the way I did and I am sorry if I offinded anyone in the process.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts