Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to clearance a Jesel belt drive cover for the cam snout cast in the block? I had a raised cam Brodix SBC block and the correct Jesel belt drive and cover. Now there is always clearance issues here and there in the back around some of the casting and bosses in the block but there was no interference with the cam snout on the block. I go to put the cover on my new Dart raised cam SBC and it won't sit flush with the block around the perimeter. The perimeter of the belt drive cover is relieved further than the rest of it but the cam snout on the block is even with the mounting surface for the cover on the block as it is on a Little M block also in the shop. I don't have the Brodix block anymore but is it possible that the Brodix block had the cam snout .100" or so further back than the mounting surface? The Jesel cover the guy has for the Little M block has this area relieved already to clear the snout. :smt102 It's always something!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
I have run into theses issues on almost every motor with a jesel.....Every one of them will need clearanced somewhere, either the cam snout, or the perimeter, or the main cap....or all of the above......

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what it seems like. We did a bunch of clearancing toward the bottom previously around the crank opening but didn't have to touch it around the snout. I guess maybe the Brodix block had the cam snout further back than flush with the mounting flange?? I am wondering what that is going to do to my shim pack? We run a roller cam bearing and I know the guys had cut the Brodix snout back a little bit to get clearance for the torrington thrust bearing for the Jesel but it previously fit with a brass washer. Do you guys run brass washers with roller cam bearings or is it a MUST to run a torrington bearing because of the lack of pressure fed oil to the cam bearings and then to the thrust bearings?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts