·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another better video:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Weekend of exploding transmissions, Southwest Superchargers transmission explosion 8/16/14 at Little River Dragway.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,633 Posts
THAT COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE.....KNOCKED OUT I GUESS

·
Registered
929 Posts
The blurb I read said there was an electronics malfunction (guessing no rev limiter?) and it failed the transmission cooler.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i know the guy really well ... he has a stage button and launch button, i guess finger was on wrong button allowing the car to rev way higher than it should for staging the car, and not allowing him to use his bump button to get him staged. automatic trans fluid has to be really hot to be explosive, he must have baked the fluid to the point that it began to boil causing a breakage due to high pressure than the fire. I went to see him today but he was taking a nap lol ( i dont blame him) so ill go see him tomorrow, his burns on his face was do to not having his face shield down.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You must not have gotten very good info from your engine builder. A transmission did NOT let go. A transmission line at the cooler up in front of the car came apart in effect spraying fluid everywhere causing the explosion.. They had a great interview from the pits about it Friday night on the live feed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You must not have gotten very good info from your engine builder. A transmission did NOT let go. A transmission line at the cooler up in front of the car came apart in effect spraying fluid everywhere causing the explosion.. They had a great interview from the pits about it Friday night on the live feed.
haha transmission line vs transmission breakage in my mind is almost the same thing since either way the trans will need to be pulled along with alot of other electronics and etc with the car. sorry for the confusing statement. and since the driver and head pit chief are my builders im sure they didnt lie to me, it is believed that the trans line had a failure, causing the vaporization of the fluid. sorry if i didnt word it correctly for you

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THAT COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE.....KNOCKED OUT I GUESS
yeah jerry has been racing for a very long time, if he wouldnt have been either knocked loopy or blacked out, he would have stopped the car immediately. when i talked to John (his son, and crew chief) he was more concerned that his dad was ok than anything else

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
I'm glad the driver was ok. Wtf did the phuckstik on the quad trip over ?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,633 Posts
yeah jerry has been racing for a very long time, if he wouldnt have been either knocked loopy or blacked out, he would have stopped the car immediately. when i talked to John (his son, and crew chief) he was more concerned that his dad was ok than anything else
I CAN IMAGINE...SCARY SHIT FOR SURE....IT'S AMAZING TO ME HOW PEOPLE INSTANTLY WANT TO ACCUSE...OR BLAME FOR SOME SORT OF MISHAP....ALMOST LIKE THEY'RE TRYING TO CONVINCE THEMSELVES THAT SHIT ISN'T DANGEROUS....LOL...HOPE THE DRIVER HAS A SPEEDY RECOVERY

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
I'd rather roll the car down the track at 150mph. Fuck that!

No fire systems in those cars?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd rather roll the car down the track at 150mph. Fuck that!

No fire systems in those cars?
no he has a dual halon system in the car but he has to activate it, so it wasnt used.

also i got this message from John Yeoman today on facebook "Just wanted to let everyone know that my dad is OK - tough and planning to get back on the track soon! He has some burns, but the safety equipment did it's job! Thanks for all your concern and I will let him know"

he is a tough old bastard lol he is in his 70's and still ready to rock lol

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Like Eddie Murphy once said,"now that's a fire"! Glad he's ok.

·
43,372 Posts
I think these cars should have a heat sensor inside the cockpit that fires the fire system when it reaches a certain temp...This could've been a fatal accident very easily...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts