1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No experience with these but I bet it would fall under "you get what you pay for" department.
lol a customer wants a set and i'm trying to get some feedback..
I know the crane energizers the roller tip pins like to back out ..and these look like they have the same style pin
that's why I am asking

·
Registered
516 Posts
They look like Engine Works rockers. I have a set on my bracket car. Local shop sells quite a few of them. I haven't had one fail (knock on wood) but I keep an eye on them and look them over good when I adjust the valves.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Some of that Jegs/Summit brand stuff is the same china crap you can get on ebay for less. I know I got two identical alum trans pans, one from ebay and the other form Summit.

·
FHRITP
50,663 Posts
You can get the summit brand aka Howard's/scorpion for around the same money and they are decent. Got a set in a street ride no issues.

Oh, text me mofo!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't go there! Have a friend that built a simple 383 pump gas with the performer rpm package ie heads,intake cam and lifter. very mild set up. Rocker lasted 15 minutes .Engine torn down to recover all the needle bearings before it ever made it out of the driveway. They were nice about it and offered to replace the rocker if he sent it to them nothing more. Get what you pay for.

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks..im going to order the comp ultra pro magnum chrome moly ones for him ..for 100 bucks more its piece of mind less headaches for me

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have sold and used the Comp Ultra Pro Mag and I like them. I think I have put them on 8-10 motor builds with no problems. Also if you have a rocker to retainer problem on sbc you can order the ones for the twister wedge head and it is better on clearance. Later J.Smith 4621 racing:)

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
they work ok on very mild setups, use them on hydraulic cams or small solid , don't use them on solid rollers , they do not like high rpm or high spring loads,

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks... If I can help out with this project, let me know.
By reading on your website the comp pro magnums say
Due to the larger trunnion bearing diameter, some cylinder heads require a slightly longer rocker stud for full poly-lock engagement. for sbf I am using victor jr heads and changing them from 3/8 to 7/16 studs ...do you have a part # for what studs I need and I will order them from you thanks Brian

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
By reading on your website the comp pro magnums say
Due to the larger trunnion bearing diameter, some cylinder heads require a slightly longer rocker stud for full poly-lock engagement. for sbf I am using victor jr heads and changing them from 3/8 to 7/16 studs ...do you have a part # for what studs I need and I will order them from you thanks Brian

-> Extra long rocker studs <-

Just fitted a set of these to some AFR 220 heads I finished up and they do work very well with the Ultra-Pro Magnums.

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
-> Extra long rocker studs <-

Just fitted a set of these to some AFR 220 heads I finished up and they do work very well with the Ultra-Pro Magnums.
Thanks ..if you would pm me a contact # or I will see if dave and fred felt has it....will order the rockers and studs from u and would like to talk about getting another custom cam ground from ya thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I had a set of the 3/8 stud PRW ones on my motor with a solid roller. I ran them for two seasons with no problem. I eventually broke 2 but chris traced it back me putting the wrong springs on the motor and it having coil bind. But PRW did replace the 2 free of charge and no hassell.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts