Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the interview with Jeg after the race.. I know Billy knows what the deal is, so whats the story?

Vanilla

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
I guess Bob Glidden didn't impress Jeg Sr. after all.

·
140th phuckstick bitches
13,676 Posts
Throw'n alot of money into those teams programs and is it getting them what they thought it would?
...time to tighten the belt.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Shawn Morrell said:
Should have kept Jegy and fired Bob and Rusty!
Seems to me that jeg has a problem with Schumacher and NOT the gliddens.

(11-7-2005) - For Jeg Coughlin, winning the Pro Stock final was more significant than halting a 49-race drought. It was his last race -- for at least awhile.

"I made a decision earlier in the year, probably late summer," he said. "I wasn't up for another transition." As for crew chief Bob Glidden and the crew, he said, "I felt I drove my heart out for them, and they've done their best."

He said he doesn't have any specific plans, although he has turned down offers from "some top teams" to race next year.

"Will I be back next year? I'm not 100 percent certain," Coughlin said. "I'm not looking to get behind a wheel next year."

He said Glidden and the team, who worked late into Saturday night to replace an engine, "worked their hearts out this weekend. If effort was worth anything, they would be at the top of the pack."

He said, "Getting the first Pro Stock win for Don Schumacher Racing is rewarding," adding that all day long he benefited from "that cagey veteran tuning" of Glidden's.

He said eliminating Summit Racing Equipment teammates Greg Anderson and Jason Line in the second round and semifinals was especially sweet. "Again, Greg was the pinnacle of the class. We sneaked by him by 3-thousandths. That was a big break for us. They make very few mistakes on the track."

Coughlin said Glidden and the crew have invested so much in the Schumacher Racing program. "It has been about 365 days since they started this program, with very, very few days that they haven't worked 12-14-15 hours a day." Coughlin said Glidden "was very emotional" following Coughlin's first victory since the fall Chicago race of 2003.

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Word around the campfire is Jeg Sr. and Victor Cagnazzi may have been seen taking sunset walks together, holdin' hands, looking longily into each others eyes, making nicey nice with each other, and telling each other how nice they look today...

Think it means anything?

Maybe Jeg Sr. going to throw a few bucks at Erica's ride...

...or maybe...

...a few bucks at a second car...

With Connoly buying HP from Cagnazzi next year, it appears that the entrepreneurial Cagnazzi may be looking to expand the operation. After all, I doubt the roster at Cagnazzi's works cheap. And it would make sense that the man is looking for other ways to cut his expenses and generate additional revenue.

Only time will tell.

·
Morrell Booster
6,893 Posts
Jg said:
Shawn Morrell said:
Should have kept Jegy and fired Bob and Rusty!
Seems to me that jeg has a problem with Schumacher and NOT the gliddens.

(11-7-2005) - For Jeg Coughlin, winning the Pro Stock final was more significant than halting a 49-race drought. It was his last race -- for at least awhile.

"I made a decision earlier in the year, probably late summer," he said. "I wasn't up for another transition." As for crew chief Bob Glidden and the crew, he said, "I felt I drove my heart out for them, and they've done their best."

He said he doesn't have any specific plans, although he has turned down offers from "some top teams" to race next year.

"Will I be back next year? I'm not 100 percent certain," Coughlin said. "I'm not looking to get behind a wheel next year."

He said Glidden and the team, who worked late into Saturday night to replace an engine, "worked their hearts out this weekend. If effort was worth anything, they would be at the top of the pack."

He said, "Getting the first Pro Stock win for Don Schumacher Racing is rewarding," adding that all day long he benefited from "that cagey veteran tuning" of Glidden's.

He said eliminating Summit Racing Equipment teammates Greg Anderson and Jason Line in the second round and semifinals was especially sweet. "Again, Greg was the pinnacle of the class. We sneaked by him by 3-thousandths. That was a big break for us. They make very few mistakes on the track."

Coughlin said Glidden and the crew have invested so much in the Schumacher Racing program. "It has been about 365 days since they started this program, with very, very few days that they haven't worked 12-14-15 hours a day." Coughlin said Glidden "was very emotional" following Coughlin's first victory since the fall Chicago race of 2003.
Oh sure, throw in some facts. Since when do we use facts on this board!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I read all the same stuff you guys did, but Ill tell ya from what I hear No one who works for Don Schmaucher is allowed to be happy. :lol:
I saw the old man at Columbus one year going off about somthing and even Tony looked like he would have rather been ANYWHERE else.

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
The problem isn't Jeg Jr. as much as it is Jeg Sr. and Bob Glidden. Jeg Sr. has never been impressed with anyone for long. He wasn't impressed with the lease program he had with WJ, he eventually wasn't impressed with Maskin, wasn't impressed with his own engine shop and later closed it, and now he's not impressed with Bob Glidden just like he supposedly told Bob in the busy staging lanes at whatever race it was. Remember the "You don't impress me..." barb that Jeg Sr. stuck in Glidden? The one that all parties later tried to deny happened?

·
Registered
354 Posts
baio is probally running from glidden still we all know he isnt gonna step up and race him,he knows he is gonna loose :lol:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
aaron brooks said:
baio is probally running from glidden still we all know he isnt gonna step up and race him,he knows he is gonna loose :lol:
...we 'll get tp him....but how 'bout you first? :shock:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts