Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 4870 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm John Paulsen and this is what Jeff Lutz did to me..... I had a car built by Lutz race cars and ended up with unsafe race car and a chassis that wouldn't certify. I received my car back from him around March of this year stickered with a NHRA 6.0 cert. I then finished myself engine, trans, wiring, fuel system (bolt in items) etc.... Had a good friend stop by and was looking at my car and asked where all my bracing was? Why my rack was installed to far forward? Mind you this is about a week before start up and tune.... So obviously im instantly pissed! So at this point I call a chassis builder and he stops by and starts picking my car apart..... Naming off several obvious issues. Welds not completed, gussets missing, bars missing. So then I decided to call NHRA and have my chassis looked at. Joe Lease division 3 inspector came out to look over the car and found 2 pages of failed items and took several pics...mind you you the car didn't have the 6a and 6b(the bars in front of your feet that protect them in an accident) bars in it. Said no way he would sticker the car for 6.0s. So then I contacted Jeff and told him the situation and at that point he asked to buy the chassis back..... I asked his offer and he offered me $4000... hahaha Who will build me a new 6.0 chassis for $4000 I surly paid more than that! So after he insulted me I gave him 2 more chances 2 make this right. After talking to George Rumore and him asking me to give him a chance to make it right. This is after I tried to install spark plus and couldn't get 2 plugs in because Jeff welded my header flange upside down and then blamed Stainless Works saying it was their flanges. He then blew me off even after he talked to NHRA and was aware of all the issues at this point. My halo wasn't welded completely at all four corners... my kidney bar wasn't welded completely. Seat belt tabs only welded on one side. My 4 link brackets only welded on one side. My rack was mounted 5 inches to forward. etc.... If anyone wants to call bullshit on this then I will provide text messages, pics, paperwork of findings after the lawsuit. If I wouldn't have had a friend look at my car and taken it to the track theres a good chance that I could have been hurt... hurt someone else... or been killed... I hate to be the asshole here but im probably 1 of many he has screwed but only one who would step up and say anything.... Someone needs to stop him before someone gets hurt....Also I would encourage anyone who has had work done by him to have your car looked over. And others who have been screwed by him to step up! Thanx for your time!!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Popcorn a poppin!!

·
Ice Cream Wolfpack
18,500 Posts
Post the pics is my advice, if it was really that bad.

1 - 20 of 4870 Posts