Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought one off craigslist from a guy for 250.00 with a stand and 1" & 1 1/2" 1" 1/4 and 1" 3/4" dies and the hydraulic adapater..

My question is I have a hydraulic pump off a boat for the tilt and trim and I was wondering has anybody used this with a cylinder and did it work?

I really want to see some pics of yalls Home build Hydraulic benders using the JD3..

post up some pics of the home built benders I did a search and did not come up with much...

Thanks

I also have one more question does any body have a 1 5/8" die for this bender they dont need and want to sell or donate to a good cause.................. lol

·
Registered
404 Posts
$250....what a DEAL! thats about the price of one die set.

x2 on pirate4x4 you can try offroadfab.net also and youtube

I did the harbor freight air/hydraulic conversion on my pro-tools 105 and it works real good for the $$

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that web site has some good info on it thanks I am going to build one like this

What yall think where can I find the power unit at?

I have a old log splitter with a bad motor but the hydraulics are on a gas engine I thought I could use the ram and ther controls off of it

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
that web site has some good info on it thanks I am going to build one like this

What yall think where can I find the power unit at?

I have a old log splitter with a bad motor but the hydraulics are on a gas engine I thought I could use the ram and ther controls off of it
check ebay or surpluscenter.com

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
4,502 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
we use the hf air over hyd. engine hoist style ram. ive seen faster but i realy like it. its better then doing it by hand. i wouldnt say it is slow.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats about the same as i have on my protools 105 bender (basically the same bender) but mine is an enerpac.

i know a guy here that used a power steering pump and an electric motor on his. never saw it work but he said it worked good.
Does the enerpac work good I found one I am thing about buying and I was wanting to know of the speed of it I used one a long time ago on a flange spreader when I worked in the plants along time ago but I can't remember how fast it was... That is air over hydraulic right ? Or is yours electric?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

here is a video I was fucked up at the time so the speach is a little slurred and i mounted it 180* off luckly i just had it stiched not fully welded

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
getting the hydrauilcs this week some time or maybe next what ever my check book allows lol we all are not rich phuckers like allot of you...

I am still looking for a power unit {hydrauilc pump} I got the cylinder and hoses just no pump yet

·
4,502 Posts
Does the enerpac work good I found one I am thing about buying and I was wanting to know of the speed of it I used one a long time ago on a flange spreader when I worked in the plants along time ago but I can't remember how fast it was... That is air over hydraulic right ? Or is yours electric?
mine is air over hydraulic works fine for me i've had it a few years best thing i ever did for my bender for sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts