Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long is this going to hold up with running meth 1 VP and lots of boost 40lbs.the JB weld was spread on the inside of the intaks across 3 runners 1" wide to seal a crack where a plate was welded on top of a intake for a blower[NOT MINE!]
i dont want the epoxy to come loose and stick open an intake and BOOM bigger problems!
Thanks for any help,info!

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
With the time and money you must have invested in order to run M1 and boost I would suggest you take the manifold off and weld repair it correctly. Using a small band aid like JB weld now might prove to need a huge band aid later!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Epoxy Putty from Valco Cincinnati Consumer products will work. There are many engine builders using it with great success on intake manifolds with all sorts of fuels.

The Epoxy Putty will stop leaks in fuel tanks and radiators etc,. while they have fuel or water in them.

Its some mean stuff. I also used it to attach the shift knob on my 4 speed 69' Firebird and it has held up to hundreds of hard shifts without a wimper too. So its strong as heck.

(The Shift knob used those bogus adapters to make it fit, I epoxied it instead)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts