1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,170 Posts
COOL....JAPAN SAYS FUCK THE CHINESE

·
Registered
14,922 Posts
Bad choice of names. Let's call our next generation of long range bombers "Enola Gays". Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Can this be the first thread of the new Boat Section ...... perhaps ??

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
Bad choice of names. Let's call our next generation of long range bombers "Enola Gays". Take care. Tom Worthington
I prefer Bockscar.

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
Always wondered if Tibbets or his mother were sorry about the choice of names?

And no, I ain't an apologist. I think, "at the time and climate" it was exactly the right decision. The fact that it took TWO bombs in my mind backs that up

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
I'm sure they were proud....like Americans were brought up to be. It was a better "climate".

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
Always wondered if Tibbets or his mother were sorry about the choice of names?

And no, I ain't an apologist. I think, "at the time and climate" it was exactly the right decision. The fact that it took TWO bombs in my mind backs that up
It took two bombs, and then a few days later it took over 700 bombers to fly a raid completely unopposed.
THEN the Japanese surrendered.

-Brad

·
Idiot Savant
169,571 Posts
The Kaga was sunk six months after Pearl Harbor at the Battle of Midway....along with the Hiru, Soryu, and the Akagi.

She had a short shelf life.

·
Registered
402 Posts
We owe them a surprise attack for what they did at Pearl Harbor.

I'd be good with taking out the Kaga, plus all the Toyota and Honda factories, then we'll call it even.

Wait a minute, it wouldn't be even until we take some Japanese prisoners and starve, work and beat most of them to death, with some beheadings thrown in, then we can call it even.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Then after the surrender, the Japanese military staged a coup, and failed. Just shows that a radical ideology CAN be defeated with superior power. 70% of all Japanese cities were already at 90% or greater destruction BEFORE the atomic bombs.
The Japanese military was performing cannibalism during WWII. Only three aviators survived being shot down over Chichi-Jima (sister island to Iwo). The first two, and George H.W. Bush. Bush was picked up by the USS Scorpion sub, the first two were shipped to Japan and worked as slaves. (Not sure they survived that)
The Japanese Interment camps saved them from the American public. Imagine the blood shed if YOU found out a Japanese soldier had just decapitated your son and ate their liver. BRUTAL PEOPLE!

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
The Kaga was sunk six months after Pearl Harbor at the Battle of Midway....along with the Hiru, Soryu, and the Akagi.

She had a short shelf life.
I'm kinda surprised at their choice of names... especially with all the whining they do now about being "victims" of the atomic bombs.

-Brad

1 - 20 of 21 Posts