Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From adrl.us

Hancock Plans Return at ‘The Rock’

After missing the previous two events (Radford, VA and Budds Creek, MD), your Agent had been hoping to see reigning Pro Nitrous champ Jamie Hancock return to action at the Gatorz Ohio Drags this past weekend, but it was just not meant to be.
Instead, the Opelika, AL, teen was at home waiting on the final assembly of a brand-new '68 Firebird being built by Precision Racecraft in Douglasville, GA. One of your Agent's operatives snapped a few cellphone shots of the new 'Bird nearing completion and it apparently will be out testing shortly in preparation for its debut Sep. 12-13, at the ADRL's Hushpower Dragstock V at Rockingham (NC) Dragway.
At 417 points back of the eighth-place cutoff, Hancock has been all but eliminated from making it into this year's Pro Nitrous Battle for the Belts to defend his '07 series title, but your Agent is certain he'll be out to prove he's still a major contender in the class.

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
Lucky kid! I wish a kid like me could pick up a ride like that since i'm still 17! Hope he has it out this year and lays down an awesome number!

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
It would be cool for someone to build something original not the same thing that everybody is building. Although i'm sure there arent many different style ProMod bodies available.

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would be cool for someone to build something original not the same thing that everybody is building. Although i'm sure there arent many different style ProMod bodies available.
I agree. And you are correct. The promod bodies are limited.

There more camaros than mustangs these days!

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I'd like to see more Studes and 30 and 40s style cars like years ago. I'm sick of the 60s Vette and 68 Camaros, and now it seems like everybody is doing Firebirds. The Tin Indian is one of the first ProMods I ever seen in person. I like that style. Also the 50s Mercs

·
Registered
777 Posts
They actually had to cut the back of the scoop off and modify it for him to see over it. Pretty trick car though. I know they are dying to get it to the track and test it out.

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
alot of it has to do with the aero dynamics and weight, the corvettes andy the willys are 2 of the lightest promods, thats why you see a bunch of them, the older cameros and firebirds have are more for the aerodynamic aspect especially with the cynergy body like the one above

·
Registered
10 Posts
actually that is a Hairy Glass body. And it is completely different than the cynergy or the Mcamis body. In the ADRL series there is only one other Hairy body and it is Randy Weatherfords Camaro.

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
actually that is a Hairy Glass body. And it is completely different than the cynergy or the Mcamis body. In the ADRL series there is only one other Hairy body and it is Randy Weatherfords Camaro.
Love his camaro! Saw it at ADRL at MIR! So sweet I took a couple pics of it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts