Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Scott

Is that machining on the head surface intake side something you are playing with or is that just the semi-rough before the head is resurfaced?

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
Scott

Is that machining on the head surface intake side something you are playing with or is that just the semi-rough before the head is resurfaced?
That's the "softened" area. It's a 2* "dish" cut into the chamber that effects the quench areas.

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
Is that something you are doing for nitrous or has it shown other benefits in uses?
It's usually associated with lots of nitrous and higher compression but I think some guys are starting to use it in high boost/big hp apps as well especially with small flat chamber heads with real shallow valve angles.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
It's usually associated with lots of nitrous and higher compression but I think some guys are starting to use it in high boost/big hp apps as well especially with small flat chamber heads with real shallow valve angles.
I know your customer uses a facility that has cylinder pressure data capabilities. Have you tested this mod to see its effect on burn rate?

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
I know your customer uses a facility that has cylinder pressure data capabilities. Have you tested this mod to see its effect on burn rate?
No, that would mean a before and after. We just don't have time or resources for that kind of testing. Wish we did because I'd like to see that data. On chamber softening, I am 100% just going off what I'm told by others and hoping it works. :-|
Have you guys tested anything like this?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
"It's Time" .. is finally happening!! Thought I'd share a few shots. More to come!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Awesome looking components, glad it's coming together, hope it all works out for you.
Thanks! I appreciate it.. been a long wait; had a lot of great help .. can’t wait to get it fired-up and on the dyno!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
your plug wires should be in tomorrow fyi jeff
Thanks Alex! Yep.. they showed up today... appreciate all ur help. Will need some more goodies here soon.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #137

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Strutted box type pistons then?

Yes sir... with a .9mm total seal ring package. here's a few pics of the custom Diamonds:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
I don't think that little spring on the front is gonna cut it......:p
:)

What?! ... you haven't heard?!, PSI came out with a new lightweight, low-harmonic single coil valve spring.. capable of over 1.0" lift!! Space-age shyte! :rolleyes:

121 - 140 of 176 Posts