Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -

It's been way too long; I am looking to get my Nova back on the track by next season.. and need to start the long proce$$ soon.

My 588 will become a 598ci ... and I'm looking at the 440cc runner - SR20 or Darts 20 degree version (I see they have a nice cnc program for the Darts at RM).

Will be similar to past build... Q16, single carb.. 3400lbs on Caltrac's and split leafs.

Thoughts on these two cylinder heads with similar porting programs? Benefits of one over the other?

I've read plenty of chat on the SR20 Brodix..and we've seen them front and center haul some ass... but not much on Darts version.

Appreciate the input, open to suggestions.

Happy Memorial Day.

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Hey Jeff how have you been? I have a set of the Profiler xl's done by Chad, if I was to go 20 degree I would go with the Dart from Reher Morrison. Give me a call when you get a minute.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I have ported both the Brodix brx (the as cast sr20) and the dart pro 20. Doing the same things to both of the heads they flowed close to the same but the brx were better. I do like the casting quality of the Brodix better too.

No doubt that slick Rick is the man with the sr20 heads though.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doing good Michael .. hope you're doing well yourself! Been a long time. Getting the serious itch to go fast again. :) Text or call me tomorrow, I can't find your number... be good to chat with you.
425-327-0810

I sent a message to Slick Rick.... looking forward to hearing back from him. I'm also going to call RM and talk to my guy at Dart... get some more details on the Dart 20.

Appreciate the input
Cheers,

Jeff

·
All motor wannabe
5,903 Posts
IF you dont get a set from Ricky, youre leaving power on the table Just Sayin

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the votes.. It's honestly pretty hard not to go with the guy that started the 20 degree program, so I am leaning heavily towards Rick. He replied quickly to my questions, shot me a pretty reasonable custom port price.. and gave me his personal cell for texting quick questions etc.. which I really appreciate... stuff I do for my customers. ;) The bigger question is whether to go with Dart of Brodix. Rick said it's a toss-up, can't see a problem with either casting. He also recommended the Edelbrock 28978 "Super Vic II" ... said it usually just takes a simple port match is all... unless I'm running a big bore carb, which I might be. That's a whole 'nuther discussion. :)

I can get Wiseco and Diamond Pistons.. but I'm hearing CP is the way to go? I know they make a nice one.

·
All motor wannabe
5,903 Posts
Thanks for all the votes.. It's honestly pretty hard not to go with the guy that started the 20 degree program, so I am leaning heavily towards Rick. He replied quickly to my questions, shot me a pretty reasonable custom port price.. and gave me his personal cell for texting quick questions etc.. which I really appreciate... stuff I do for my customers. ;) The bigger question is whether to go with Dart of Brodix. Rick said it's a toss-up, can't see a problem with either casting. He also recommended the Edelbrock 28978 "Super Vic II" ... said it usually just takes a simple port match is all... unless I'm running a big bore carb, which I might be. That's a whole 'nuther discussion. :)

I can get Wiseco and Diamond Pistons.. but I'm hearing CP is the way to go? I know they make a nice one.
I have a deal on one just saying id be happy to send it to ricky so he has everything to make the top of the intake to match the spacer

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a deal on one just saying id be happy to send it to ricky so he has everything to make the top of the intake to match the spacer
Appreciate it..

bad 68 chevelle above... (Mike) also has a nice carb I'm considering.

Wudya got? Ur selling it? Q16 carb.. size? Who built it? Very old? I had a ProSystem 1600cfm carb on my 588... had the BLP billet Q16 metering plates.. The thing worked flawlessly! Wish I would have kept it.

What are you looking to get for urs?

Thanks again - Jeff

·
All motor wannabe
5,903 Posts
It started as a Book 2.800 then went to Mark Whitener at lightening set up for Q16, has a 1" spacer comes with, 2 complete jet kits one with R jets for books metering blocks and one with L Jets for Marks metering blocks, a complete air bleed kit from .018 to i believe .096, shit ton of gaskets, comes with books stuff on the side as all of marks banjos, metering blocks, and boosters are in it was new in 2016 its been sitting since november when I went to EFI. Im asking 2000 for it

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
It started as a Book 2.800 then went to Mark Whitener at lightening set up for Q16, has a 1" spacer comes with, 2 complete jet kits one with R jets for books metering blocks and one with L Jets for Marks metering blocks, a complete air bleed kit from .018 to i believe .096, shit ton of gaskets, comes with books stuff on the side as all of marks banjos, metering blocks, and boosters are in it was new in 2016 its been sitting since november when I went to EFI. Im asking 2000 for it
That's a serious carb, you had two of the best in the business work on it, I know because I had the same two build one for me. Goodluck with the sale bud.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Ricky has some new tricks on the sr20 that would blow your socks off. he will make more hp/tq then anyone with his updates.................

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's going to be Ricky and Brodix for sure!

1 - 20 of 264 Posts