Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I met the buyer of the top end package for delivery. He's a fellow Malibu owner, I believe he's a member here. Maybe come fall we'll someone else laying down some sick ET's with a BMF headed 461 bbc in a Malibu.

Here's the truck loaded before making the delivery. The buyer picked up the BMF heads, Jesel SS rockers, Manton pushrods, ARP head bolts, GMPP cast racing valve covers, Crower S/D HIPPO lifters, Bullet roller cam, Edelbrock Vic jr ported intake, HVH ported spacer, Pro Systems 1000HP 4150 Holley, CSR throttle cable bracket, GZM vacuum pump system misc. hardware and the X-pipe exhaust.

I'm officially done for the season and am making plans for the new bullet for 2009. I've sold off everything except for the two 8" converters which will hopefully sell here soon.

Not totally set on the replacement engine, but after running numbers, I'll most likely be purchasing a crate engine from either Sunset Racecraft, Reher Morrison or Steve Schmidt in January of next year. I priced buying individual components and assembling myself and the totals came in less than $1000 apart and that doesn't account for cost over-runs or dyno time building myself.

·
Registered
450 Posts
what about the rest of the motor? what are your plans for 09?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about the rest of the motor? what are your plans for 09?
The shortblock is gonna get freshened, maybe with lower compression pistons and put my old 781 heads on top for my dad. Don't know exactly what he's gonna do with it, but it'll make a nice street motor.

The only thing left of the engine not sold yet is the B&B oil pan, Cloyes Hex-A-just timing set and an Edelbrock aluminum timing cover. Oh yea, I have the MSD dual pickup distributor too. I may market those items too soon.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Someone got a 525 cookin' in the kitchen?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Regardless of whatever it is, I definately hope you will give the series some thought in choosing a direction. Be cool to have ya back sir.

Rich

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Todd,

Do you have any video of your car's sound with the X-Pipe and Bullets? If so, can you please post them?

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'll most likely be purchasing a crate engine from either Sunset Racecraft, Reher Morrison or Steve Schmidt in January of next year. I priced buying individual components and assembling myself and the totals came in less than $1000 apart and that doesn't account for cost over-runs or dyno time building myself.
Todd, I'd dropped the last guy from your list.

Too many unsatisfied testimonals, several on this board and others, is one too many for me!

Can't go wrong with either of the other two as far as power and reliability and would be hard pressed to finmd anything negative about these two engine builders but Sunset wins hands down with customer service, typically a few $$ less and most important to me, they built MY engine designed my ME for a nearly 2 ton, foot brake launched bracket car unlike RM that wanted to sell me one of their engines which was designed and intended for a 1900 lb. piperack, as Wes stated HP is HP!:roll:

Do your homework and if I can be of help, don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ed, Schmidt is third on the list, but I do have a good friend who has two of his engines. One a 1000+ hp 572 with BMF heads and a new 555 with Dart heads.

His experience with Schmidt has been great. After two or three seasons he broke a valve spring and it dropped the valve and did some head damage. Can't blame the engine builder for that one. He dropped the 572 off for repair and brought the 555 home. He raced the 555 one race and it was slower than expected. Schmidt decided the cam was wrong for his 3600 lb car. (555 was shelf built engine destined to be sold at a large bracket race before my buddy bought it). Anyway, He took the 555 back to Schmidt 2 days later and they had his 572 fixed and completely rebuilt in 24 hours sitting on the dyno when he got there. They dyno'd the 572, swapped cams in the 555 and he was on his way home by 3:00 pm.

All the internet BS aside, I think that's pretty impressive customer service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts