Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only is my Dads car destroyed. My Buddies Dragster is Destroyed and another buddy Stacker Trailer is destroyed. It was not a good night. A lot of blood sweat and tears in these cars. A lot of hours put into this cars to do the thing we love. My dad started build his car in 1984. It took him this long to get it as nice as it was. I had the pleasure of driving it for the last couple of years. I won the 2011 IHRA Bracket Final's in it last year. It won best appearing at 2 different events. A lot of good memories in this car. It's a sad day to see it go. It's been in my family as long as I've been alive. It is practically a family heirloom. It time to take a big breathe a step back and regroup.

Here is a thread of the last motor and build we did to the car
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264047

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was that the car that won the bracket finals at carolina dragway last year....
Yes it's the same car. We were headed to Carolina Dragway for the IHRA Pro-AM but never made it because of the fire.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing that was out of place was a scooter was laying over on it's side. But if it leaked fuel something still had to spark the fire. We probably will never know for sure.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We took a lot of extra time with this car and made it the way my dad wanted it.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
If it makes you feel any better...theres alot of usable stuff there it looks like. Start cleaning stuff up and you may be surprised. Alot looks like smoke damage. The main chassis/suspension/drivetrain components should be okay.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry to hear such bad news. That really sucks. If you find out what happened post it here. It may prevent someone else from getting hurt or worse.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it makes you feel any better...theres alot of usable stuff there it looks like. Start cleaning stuff up and you may be surprised. Alot looks like smoke damage. The main chassis/suspension/drivetrain components should be okay.

The motor and trans. I'm sure is good. The shocks are gone. All the electrical stuff got drowned with water. The chassis I'm not so sure the back of that car took some heat. The Dragster was underneath our car and once the slick caught fire the flame and heat was directly underneath that car like crazy. I don't know about making it a racecar again. Since the car has been in our family for so long. My dad wants to turn it into a streetcar but who knows.

·
Registered
214 Posts
wow that sucks. I have been following that build for years between here and the fordfe forum.

It's almost a total loss, but too nice of a car to cut up and trash. I'd plan on waiting a couple of days to get my head strait. then go out and pull motor and tranny. Then keeping an open mind I'd pressure wash the shit out of it and see whats really left for a car. You may be supprised.

Best of luck to your guys, I sure hope this is the begining of a NEW mustang II build thread. and not the ending for snowball racing

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Im really sorry man. Atleast nobody was hurt. I hope you rebuild it, that was a clean good looking car,

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sucks for sure!! At the end of the day, consider yourself lucky that everyone is ok. Good luck puting it all back together.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
look at the bright side. a mint low mile mustang II is only going to run you about 800 bucks to replace. lol

sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. That sucks and probably everyone's worst nightmare. At least no one was hurt, and the car looks like it could be salvaged without too much grief. Like was said above, get the engine and trans out and pressure wash it really well and see what's up with it afterwards. Looks like the hardest part will be getting all the Lexan off of everything it melted onto.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts