Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Idiot Savant
162,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....until you put the headers in."

I just heard that on "garage Squad" and it cracked me up.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I cannot count the number of times (in my youth) that I went to a friends house to help install headers, and the task ran past midnight. Even though we started just after lunch.
I paid a guy to put the Stainless Works long tubes on my Hellcat. If I never do that job again, its fine with me.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Did a lot of headers installs in the late 60s to the late 70s.. 90% were BBF Cobra Jets. I still have the tools we made to get at some of the bolts. Got into the Buick V6s an guys were crying they couldn't get them off !:cry: amateurs
:cool:

·
Registered
577 Posts
I cannot count the number of times (in my youth) that I went to a friends house to help install headers, and the task ran past midnight. Even though we started just after lunch.
I paid a guy to put the Stainless Works long tubes on my Hellcat. If I never do that job again, its fine with me.
Been there, done that- the last one was a Jeep inline 6 with a broken manifold. It should have been easy...Never again.

·
Idiot Savant
162,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1968 Plymouth Road Runner. 383...back bolt on the passenger side.

That's not an install...that's a fucking career.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
I converted my car to a manual rack and pinion.......my 2" header tubes are in the way of my steering shaft 🤪 now I gotta fab up a steering shaft with a 3rd joint

·
Smart Ass Conservative
100,194 Posts
428 CJ Mustangs Torinos Cyclones and Cougars are a real bitch

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
I got tired of pulling the wheels, dropping the tie rods and drag link, and pulling the valve covers just to get the headers off my Dart. Built a set of fender exits and now 6 bolts and they come right off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts