Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a year and a half's worth of work, a frame swap, trans swap, cam swap, and too many other things to think of, last night, we broke the cam in at roughly 9 pm. in a POURING rain storm. thanks everyone on here that was there last night that helped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8VTriRQTLM

·
JUST TRYIN TO GET BY
6,744 Posts
a year and a half's worth of work, a frame swap, trans swap, cam swap, and too many other things to think of, last night, we broke the cam in at roughly 9 pm. in a POURING rain storm. thanks everyone on here that was there last night that helped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8VTriRQTLM
that was the shit last nite bill anytime u need help im there brotha and anything u need, that motor sounded healthy as hell glad everything got worked out and we got the bitch to light on the first crank of the starter :party

·
JUST TRYIN TO GET BY
6,744 Posts
and bill let me know when were gonna get that trans all situated so we can take that bitch for a pass, seeing as though my shit wont b done till spring and ive got the itch i need to scratch it so lets get that bitch on the road, like i said i'll even bring my 28/10.50 over and we'll throw em on the car to get it out

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Everything was going great, until that air-cleaner stud came loose and fell down the carb. It went down one port, into the head, got caught by the intake valve, sucked in, piston slapped it...fvck!!!....

[true story]

It's funny now, but it cost us a new valve, head gasket and more down time...LOL!

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
na it'll be ok, besides i've seen a million cars with the same setup. i mean whats the worst that could happen? if it leaks and fuel drips on the headers, the headers will make the fuel evaporate quicker so i dont have to worry about leaks. :)

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
figures, i of all people get their car running, and people start agreeing with JG. some weird shit is starting to happen around here! :)

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well a little part of ya was there, your battery. i couldnt have run the car without ya loaning it to me, and thanks again!

i'll have a video up some time next week of her idling with mufflers once i get a few other wiring issues figured out, and get a new set of spark plug wires. the set thats on there now is junk and old as dirt, and the newer msd ones i bought used, someone checked a wire with a test light and it arcs to the header and kills the cylinder.

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
you'll get 'er sorted out. by next spring you'll be ready to go stomp some ricer ass. we gotta get all the g-body guys together on telegraph next year. i got a bunch of guys together this year, but next year i wanna fill that whole goddamn lot with g-bodies. you gotta be ready for that! i'ma help you out with your cage too!

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i am in man! my main goal is notching the frame this fall so i can get a nice 29.5X10.5 tire under her if i can with the 12 bolt. its gonna be a bitch.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts