Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. A thank you is due somebody. On Sunday, I made authentic Sunday gravy according to a recipe/video someone posted up on here. There was close to 4 pounds of meat in that pot. Pork cutlets, hot and mild Italian sausage, flank steak, and beef & pork meatballs. There was 11 of us eating. The wife and I had leftovers today, and there's still enough sauce and meat left over for another meal. This was damned good stuff.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Pics? Recipe?? WTF man??

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Its not called gravy.

I dont care if the pope himself tells you it is.
I’m gonna have to agree with this, just spent a few weeks all over Italy, never heard of “gravy” must be a NY thing

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is a rotund gent, ain't he? Okay, I'll tell ya's why this was kind of a big deal to me. First off, I love pasta/spaghetti with a good tomato sauce. When we go on vacations, I look for the ultimate plate of spaghetti. Pasta Jay's is currently the at the top of my spaghetti pinnacle. When I was a kid, we ate spaghetti once a week. I loved it, even though it was a canned sauce that I can't stand now. I've tackled home-made sauces with varying degrees of success. But, it's always "sauce." Now, the first time I saw "The Godfather", I was intrigued by the scene where Clemenza is teaching Michael Corleone how to make "the gravy." I thought it was an odd use of the word. So, flash forward many years, and I'm reading a thread on the Bullet about tomato-based pasta sauces, one of which I tried and can attest to it being a knock-out :). Someone posts this video, and I had to check it out, due to the "Godfather" thing. It was a damned good feast. If you really want to enjoy your tomato-based pasta sauces, have a Caesar cocktail while you're eating- Mott's Clamato juice, vodka, a splash of Tobasco, a couple splashes of Worcestershire, and a pickle slice. You won't regret it.

·
Former RJ instigator
42,523 Posts
Sunday gravy, pfft, how about some Friday gravy. :cool:

Just a little something I whipped up earlier today for the wife and I, slow simmered mild Italian sausage meat sauce, garlic bread, garnish of shredded fresh parmesan cheese ( not that dry canned shit ) crushed red pepper flakes.

·
Registered
9,906 Posts
He is a rotund gent, ain't he? Okay, I'll tell ya's why this was kind of a big deal to me. First off, I love pasta/spaghetti with a good tomato sauce. When we go on vacations, I look for the ultimate plate of spaghetti. Pasta Jay's is currently the at the top of my spaghetti pinnacle. When I was a kid, we ate spaghetti once a week. I loved it, even though it was a canned sauce that I can't stand now. I've tackled home-made sauces with varying degrees of success. But, it's always "sauce." Now, the first time I saw "The Godfather", I was intrigued by the scene where Clemenza is teaching Michael Corleone how to make "the gravy." I thought it was an odd use of the word. So, flash forward many years, and I'm reading a thread on the Bullet about tomato-based pasta sauces, one of which I tried and can attest to it being a knock-out :). Someone posts this video, and I had to check it out, due to the "Godfather" thing. It was a damned good feast. If you really want to enjoy your tomato-based pasta sauces, have a Caesar cocktail while you're eating- Mott's Clamato juice, vodka, a splash of Tobasco, a couple splashes of Worcestershire, and a pickle slice. You won't regret it.

I remember Tony Soprano calling it gravy

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Evidently you didn't look at the menu very carefully!! :-D:-D:-D:-D J/K
Did you see it called that anywhere? Did you get any speeding tickets? My sister got 4 and I got 3! Lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts