25,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 hot italian sausages
4 Green Bell Peppers
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
2 White onions
Crock Pot

Sausages - cook them in a skillet until browned.
cut them into 4th's and set them aside.
Take the Bell Peppers and Onions and cut them into medium size peices, length wise on the peppers.
with the remaining juice from the meat, put in the peppers and season them with salt, pepper and a little lousiana hot sauce.
Cook them until they get just start to get soft. Take them out and put them in the crock pot.
Put them onions in the skillet and cook them just until they start turning brown.
Throw them in the Crock Pot along with the sausages.
Set the Crock Pot on low and let it sit for 2-3 hours, stirring them once every 30 minutes.

If you don't have a Crock Pot, set at the food in a large sauce pan and cover over a low flame for the same amount of time, stirring every 15 minutes.

You can either make sandwiches with them or just eat as they are.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Try this one, this is the ultimate football, guy's drinkin beer sausage sandwich.

2 packs of GOOD hot or mild italian sausages
2 green peppers julienned But still 1/8" thick or so
1 Sweet onion cut the same size as peppers
5-6 russet potatos, cubed in 1/4" or so pieces

Start the potatos in a large skillet with olive oil and salt and pepper.
cook them until they are fairly transparent
Add the onions and cook until they are transparent as well.
Add the green peppers and cover for 5 minutes or so to get everything soft.
Add a 1/2 cup or more if you like it hot of Franks red hot.
Turn the heat down and get the grill ready.

Grill your suasages until ready and take them inside. Slice them lengthwise and put on a "super sub" bun about 8-10" long bun,
scoop the peppers, onions, and potatos on top and get ready to eat the last sausage sandwich you will ever eat!

Enjoy

·
Registered
501 Posts
12 hot italian sausages
4 Green Bell Peppers
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
2 White onions
Crock Pot

Take the Bell Peppers and Onions and cut them into medium size peices, length wise on the peppers.
with the remaining juice from the meat, put in the peppers and season them with salt, pepper and a little lousiana hot sauce.
Cook them until they get just start to get soft. Take them out and put them in the crock pot.
Put them onions in the skillet and cook them just until they start turning brown.
Set the Crock Pot on low and let it sit for 2-3 hours, stirring them once every 30 minutes.

If you don't have a Crock Pot, set at the food in a large sauce pan and cover over a low flame for the same amount of time, stirring every 15 minutes.

we do something like this with mild sausage, diced tomatoes, peppers, and onions.. add a little merlot (I think is what she uses, not sure what else she puts in there) simmer in a pan for quite a while, cut up the sausage, and add angel hair pasta at the end.. yum

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
I'm going to have to try this over the weekend. I'll be sick of turkey.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I bought all the ingredients tonight and this will be my Thanksgiving day meal! Sounds damn good and looks like its great for Sunday football

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You wont be disappointed. I gave a sandwich to my fussiest eater friend and he keeps asking me when can I make it again.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The countdown is under way....2 hrs 45 mins to go!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I meant to post my results earlier but I've been both busy and sick since Friday morning.
A++++ It was awesome and everyone else who tried it, loved it. It has some pop to it but didn't have my on the toilet at 2am so I'd say it was a slam dunk. I used Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage which wasn't that hot but it was damn tasty. I cut the onions and bellpeppers up the night before and threw them in a ziplock back with a little Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper then did as directed. Everything was great and I envision me making this a couple more times for football season. Thanks for the recipe!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You can use half hot and half sweet to calm it down a little bit
I'd probably do it again and try to make it a bit hotter...I love spicy foods but my stomach usually doesn't handle it well. This wasn't bad at all...I might try a little more hot sauce in the crock pot. Regardless of the spice, it was top notch!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
12 hot italian sausages
4 Green Bell Peppers
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
2 White onions
Crock Pot

Made this Sunday. Only did half order and without the hot sauce and was VERY VERY GOOD. My 5 y/o even loved it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
12 hot italian sausages
4 Green Bell Peppers
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
2 White onions
Crock Pot

+1 Serve over rice. One of my favs

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I just made one.

I did it without hot sauce and hot sausages.

For those of you who haven't try it yet....
After cooking sausages and peppers and onions...
put them on paper towels to absorbed all the liquids before putting them on crock pot.

I didn't do that and it has so much liquids / greasy on the bottom of crock pot.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
im going to give this a shot Christmas eve for the guys at work for lunch it sounds pretty good.
i also got some sweet Italian sausage that i was going to remove the casing and fry like hamburger with some onion, green,and yellow peppers, then add some spaghetti sauce (kinda like a sloppy Joe was what i was thinking) and serve on toasted sub buns with garlic butter and some provolone cheese.
ive never made this before so im not sure how its going to come out. any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts