Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a terrible time with my pocket wizards and had given up on being able to use them at all. Too inconsistant for me. Sometime they would fire, sometime they would not. ( I bought the flex TT5's and mini TT1 for 2 external flash)
I have been playing with them one more time to try and find out what the problem was and it sure as hell helps to know your damn equipment and read the manuals :rolleyes:
I have 2 Canon 580EXII's. As it turns out, the flashes were powering down (auto shutoff) after 30 seconds. I knew that they would do that but thought that they would come alive with depressing the shutter half way down. It works that way when mounted on the camera hot shoe. But noooooo. Not on remote.
Custom Function 1 allows you to disable the auto shut down mode while not mounted on camera. It is freaking amazing what you can find out when you read the damn instructions!!!!!!!!!!
They work perfect now.
Sorry for the rant. Maybe this will help someone else.

·
Registered
154 Posts
had same problem back in '05 or so when i first started using pocket wizards...nikon flash goes into standby also and the photo wakes it up just in time to not go off lol.

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
so thats the trick....man i was gettin frustrated with this about 2 weeks ago. couldnt figure it out for the life of me. guess i shoulda read that little book with the 580.

·
Prick Pro PhotoG
1,494 Posts
I had no problems when i first got my tt1 and tt5s, using the TT5s as the receivers and TT1 as transmitter. well I busted one of the TT1s and had to set the TT5s as transmitters and old Puls 2s as receivers. had nightmares, till a friend finally help me set them up, work fine now.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome just got it setup, and just in time as im shooting tomorrow. this was luck you stumbled across this, posted it, then i caught it.
I am glad that my frustration helped out Dom. I was just about ready to put mine in the "For Sale" section.
What is really scary is that all of this high-tech camera shit that we own might could do some really great stuff if we would take the time to learn about it. ;)

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
A bit of RTFM never hurt anyone :)

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
i used my flash this past weekend for the first time. Man do i have a lot to learn cause the pics suck in comparison to what ive seen can be done with them.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
i used my flash this past weekend for the first time. Man do i have a lot to learn cause the pics suck in comparison to what ive seen can be done with them.
It's not as easy as setting them up and taking pics but it's not all that hard, you'll get the hang of it (not that I have got the hang of it either :) ) Let us know if you need any c&c ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts