Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford CEO Jim Hackett’s plan is starting to bear a little fruit. In my opinion this has been a very careful and methodical long game that Hackett has been playing. He taken a lot of heat because stockholders can be an impatient bunch but the first glimmers seem to be showing through.

Ford has been streamlined (and continues to be) and product development is starting to really get up to speed and maybe most importantly Ford’s product lineup is very solid with good to excellent reputation.

There are some exciting products right around the corner namely the Bronco, the Scout(?), the Mach E and the surprisingly fantastic Lincoln lineup top to bottom.

No this isn’t a PR announcement on Ford’s behalf just a recognition of what a serious long term (delayed gratification) plan can do for a business.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...slide-turnaround-begins-take-hold/3573231002/

Discuss.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops forgot to mention the investment of $500M into Rivian electric car company. That is a jaw dropper especially in light of the fact that just a few weeks ago Rivian was in serious talks with GM.

Like it or not gang electrics are here and probably here to stay. This ^^^ was a huge move.

·
Registered
19,281 Posts
Oops forgot to mention the investment of $500M into Rivian electric car company. That is a jaw dropper especially in light of the fact that just a few weeks ago Rivian was in serious talks with GM.

Like it or not gang electrics are here and probably here to stay. This ^^^ was a huge move.
If ya can’t make the ICE engine perform....you may as well.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

The Rivian looks pretty sweet and is expected to have decent range (400 miles I think).

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Rivian looks pretty sweet and is expected to have decent range (400 miles I think).
Yes 400 miles on the deluxe version. That’s perfect for say an SUV type camping vehicle.

Drop a pin on a map where you are then draw a 400 mile radius around you. That’s a whole lotta ground and when you rent your campsite you plug in for free or at least within the cost of the overnight stay.

·
time to go racing yet ?
34,649 Posts
is that 400 miles as the crow flys, or do you take into account for how the road turns, goes up and down in elevation, etc surely those important things matter...... not everyone lives in nebraska

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
is that 400 miles as the crow flys, or do you take into account for how the road turns, goes up and down in elevation, etc surely those important things matter...... not everyone lives in nebraska
I would imagine it's 400 miles as a vehicle drives (since we are not talking about airplanes). Besides, if a tank of gas has a range of 400 miles, we wouldn't drive 400 miles before filling up or else we'd be walking. Same thing with electric, 400 mile range means I'm looking to charge at the 350 mile mark. Not that i'd use an all electric vehicle for long distance travel, it'd be better served as a daily commuter.

·
time to go racing yet ?
34,649 Posts
Yes 400 miles on the deluxe version. That’s perfect for say an SUV type camping vehicle.

Drop a pin on a map where you are then draw a 400 mile radius around you. That’s a whole lotta ground and when you rent your campsite you plug in for free or at least within the cost of the overnight stay.
:confused:

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
I like Ford and support Ford, but their stock price still sucks. I think Ford stock and the Lion's will never win.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes my example was simply a way to illustrate how useful a 400 mile range can be. Maybe I should’ve just said 350 mile radius.

Oh and of course let’s not forget the inventive spirit of man. Who will be the first to design a portable battery “supercharger” as a reservoir and a means of extending range? I can picture it strapped to the luggage rack soaking in the sun’s energy while you’re driving.

Get a little close to your maximum range and plug that bitch right on in. Viola’ an extra 50 miles to get you there.

·
Confused Racer
41,555 Posts

did the driver turn the ac or heat on? windshield wipers?? How much will it tow, is the trunk loaded up with camping supplies, beer and ammo?

Now it will only go around the block. Ford and their people are like the little dog waiting to grow up while the other brands are making what the people actually want.

·
Registered
24,676 Posts
did the driver turn the ac or heat on? windshield wipers?? How much will it tow, is the trunk loaded up with camping supplies, beer and ammo?

Now it will only go around the block. Ford and their people are like the little dog waiting to grow up while the other brands are making what the people actually want.

This is what I would want to know.

What is the range with an actual payload and maybe doing normal truck things, like towing a boat or a trailer.

·
Registered
740 Posts

Ford has the best selling vehicles in the USA. Seems they are building what people want!
What does GM build that people actually want? I cant think of a damn thing? Maybe a 2 seat sports car for 100k+

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
The sure keep you little nuthuggers hoping.

You know they will continue to disappoint....it’s what they do.
are you freaking serious? this coming from a dodge guy and how many times has dodge been bought and sold and still produce mostly junk and currently owned by fucking fiat...that is the funniest shit I have heard all week

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Pass the doobie brother! Ford not building what people want? Do F-series, E-series, Mustang, and Transit ring any bells? Those are all best sellers in their prospective categories.

Lincoln Motor Company as a whole, Ford’s entire SUV lineup and the Ranger are all on pace to be best sellers very soon.

The biggest ouch in that is the one time monopoly on large SUV business that Cadillac used to enjoy is now seriously threatened by Ford and Lincoln products. They are caught flat footed in a sense. Ford has a huge advantage with the aluminum bodies, IRS and many would argue the EcoBoost/10 spd driveline. These are seriously dominating chips that Ford is playing.

·
Registered
19,273 Posts

Really 400 miles is a good range, for what , I can drive 500 miles in a day sometimes more for my job.

·
Registered
19,273 Posts
So Ford borrows $5.9 Billion from the Government for EV development ,screws around for a few years and then buys into an EV company for $500 million,hmmm where did the rest of the money go. Maybe they paid it back:rolleyes:. This is the newest article I could find on the subject. https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannm...y-the-answer-might-surprise-you/#7315c6e76735
Ummm How much money did the Fed write off that was loaned to GM Again ????
Whats your point anyway. Hell under Obama He gave billions to Green energy companies that pissed all the money away on campaign contributions and then went bankrupt.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts