Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this box used.Put it in step by step with the instructions.I take the car down the road and it cut off.Like I hit the ignition switch.So I get it home and go through the diag steps from msd.I called and explained what happened and they said to send the box in.I get the box back this past saturday.Put it in and fires up.Runs good for about 30 sevonds then cut off.I watched the red led light on the box.I cut the switch off and back on.The light blinks for a few seconds and then stays on steady.Same thing it did when I sent it in.
The notes on my reciept said they tested the box and it was fine.But I can put a regular 6 series box in the car and it stays running fine.
So what do I do now.I cant keep wasting shipping money to keep sending it back for them to tell me nothing is wrong with it.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I had them "rebuild" mine 4 times. I paid for shipping 3 times, I paid $80 for them to put "new wires" on it a few times. It never ran right for,me. Most expensive piece of crap ive ever delt with. Probably had $700+ out of my pocket. Lots of down time, missed many races, my friend wired and unwired about 12 ignition boxes for me in the ordeal. chuck it in the garbage or demand a new 6AL for your troubles. No more MSD for me. EVER.

I got a Mallory 685 and it was great!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking.Change it out for a 6al and be done with it.I traded a 6al for this box.And the car it came out of ran fine.So just coincidence.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to MSD yesterday and they advised me to isolate the coil harness from the pickup harness.They think the box is getting too much RFI interference from the coil harness and cutting it off.Yalls thoughts on this?I havent tried it yet.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I isolated the coil and dis.pickup harnesses and still wouldnt start.So I put a dpare 6btm box in it and it runs fine.So MSD will get a call back from me tomorow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts