Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Folks, it speaks volumes when NHRA stockers are more exciting to watch than the Pro Stock cars. Eliminate wheel bars!

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
Always more entertainment in these classes than the bizarro looking cartoon car's of the upper ranks. Much easier to look at than throttle stop junk. I'd pay to see these but never to see the computer racers.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
This one is better and more controlled:

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Yep...and that backs up what I have always said, out is quicker than up. The Challenger proved it, race cars are supposed to go out...not up.
Never was much on those big wheelstands...if I was wanting to watch that I would want to see the "Little Red Wagon" or the "Hemi Under Glass " again. Now those guys were wheelstanders.

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Bad light didn't help at all. Nice wheelie though

·
Registered
18,977 Posts
In S and SS the wheelstand actually helps, because of the tire and suspension limitations, that's been proven. But the big bounce hurts, that's been proven too.

The car should carry the wheels as far as needed according the the ET slip, no farther, and should set down gently and settle with no porpoising.

That CJ had a wheelie bar, maybe somone forgot to set it?

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
Don Fezell's is a stick car so he must have shifted second in the air then let off when it wouldn't land on it's own. His was the first real fast new CJ.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
I'm wondering just how much E.T. the CJ car lost with this fancy wheelstand.
I'll bet it cost a bunch.......

·
Registered
20,003 Posts
from a few years ago....

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Somebody post Danny Black's from a few years ago. It was mention during eliminations on Thursday. He was in Jamie Fenters Demon, he carried it alooong ways.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts