Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started replumbing my fuel system (switching over to ptfe hose), Im using all Fragola 8an hose and fittings. The first fitting I put on which happened to be a 90 degree fitting went on smoothly, every thing is straight and it threaded on all the Way down til it was snug. Now the question I have is should the 90 part that swivels be loose as in enough to wobble back and forth a little Even after its tight? I took the other 90’s I have out of package and they all seem to wobble right at the swivel portion, but I figured once I tightened it up it would snug up and be solid. Well not so much, it still wobbles and feels loose in the middle right above where the nut meets the 90 degree portion and the fitting swivels. I didnt want to continue putting these one if something is wrong with them. Anyone else have this issue or is there something wrong with these?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A swivel fitting will still rotate after it is tightened but it shouldn't wobble.
Thats always been my experience as well, this literally wobbles and feels loose. I cant imagine every 90 degree fitting I have is bad but they all do it! Ill post a video shortly if I can figure out how. It doesnt feel normal though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aeroquip is your friend. USA made, easy to get started on the threads, full flow, no leaks, not that much more $$.
That doesnt help my situation. Im not switching to aeroquip after spending hundreds on what most racers Ive talked to recommended which was Fragola.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
That doesnt help my situation. Im not switching to aeroquip after spending hundreds on what most racers Ive talked to recommended which was Fragola.
Not related to your problem, but I wouldn't consider Fragola to be a top tier brand. More of a second tier, like Redhorse, Vibrant, and some others.

Their solid fittings seem to be of similar quality as top brands, and definitely better than the off brands. But their hose ends aren't on par with those from Aeroquip, Earls, Russell, etc. Not saying that they aren't generally okay but they aren't equal.

The Fragola PTFE fittings that I used worked fine. But they were -4 steel hose ends and steel fittings. They held fine at over 1000#.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Are both fittings being connected the same brand? I only ask because I bought an off brand bulkhead fitting and my swivel fitting did the same thing, The threads were to short on the bulkhead so the nut portion of my fitting was bottoming out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are both fittings being connected the same brand? I only ask because I bought an off brand bulkhead fitting and my swivel fitting did the same thing, The threads were to short on the bulkhead so the nut portion of my fitting was bottoming out.
Yes everything being used is Fragola. I went out and tried doing another 90 on hose, paid attention to every little detail, made sure everything was cut straight, no braiding in the way, lubed threads, and tightened it until the nut bottom out on the hose nut. Everything was tight, and straight and it still has play and wiggles around at the swivel. I cannot imagine this is right amd wont leak under pressure. Ill be calling Fragola and motion raceworks Monday who is who I purchased them from to see whats going on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pressure it up and see if it leaks.
How can I pressure test it without assembling it all? Im not going to continue assembling these lines, the fact they wobble and are loose doesnt make me feel they will last long with engine vibration, etc. ive never had a fitting feel like this before, theyve always felt solid. Even cheap Jegs ptfe fittings dont feel like this and they are half the price. We installed a whole Jegs fuel system on my Dads car and had 0 leaks. After really digging deep Im not the only one who has had this issue with it being loose and wiggling at the swivel, I found several on other forums complaining of the same thing, only difference was they plumbed their whole system and had leaks at the swivels. Ill be waiting til tomorrow to call Fragola and see what the deal is

·
Unbanned
20,490 Posts
You can buy a cheap test kit.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
How can I pressure test it without assembling it all? Im not going to continue assembling these lines, the fact they wobble and are loose doesnt make me feel they will last long with engine vibration, etc. ive never had a fitting feel like this before, theyve always felt solid. Even cheap Jegs ptfe fittings dont feel like this and they are half the price. We installed a whole Jegs fuel system on my Dads car and had 0 leaks. After really digging deep Im not the only one who has had this issue with it being loose and wiggling at the swivel, I found several on other forums complaining of the same thing, only difference was they plumbed their whole system and had leaks at the swivels. Ill be waiting til tomorrow to call Fragola and see what the deal is
You don't have to pressure it up like it's going to be on the car. Heck, stick your finger in one end and blow on the other and just see if it's leaking with minimal pressure. If it holds, use compressed air to see if it leaks.

·
Registered
16,445 Posts
I have 100% fragola ptfe line and fittings in my car, and they have been in the car for 5 years trouble free. Straight's, 90*, 150*. You name it, I have it. Zero issues or leaks from day 1. There are some video's online. Check your assembly methods vs the videos.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have 100% fragola ptfe line and fittings in my car, and they have been in the car for 5 years trouble free. Straight's, 90*, 150*. You name it, I have it. Zero issues or leaks from day 1. There are some video's online. Check your assembly methods vs the videos.
And do your 90’s wiggle loosely? I know how to do the lines, its not my first time doing them just first time using Fragola. Ive also watched videos from Motion and others to make sure there wasnt some variation, there isnt, Ive done everything to a T triple checking and they are loose. The hose is tight on the fitting, its straight, everything appears to be perfect, except the fact the swivel wiggles. If I could post a video on here I could show it.

·
Registered
16,445 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine rotate, but don't wiggle.
Yep figured, these are messed up then. There is no way they werent messed up from the factory. The other 90’s I have do the same thing when not installed and I figured it would tighten up. But nope.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update from Fragola, they told me its normal for them to be loose and wobble back and forth at the swivel, they claimed its a double o ring seal and the o rings have play in them that allow them to wiggle. Im less than thrilled about it, they said they wouldnt leak and claimed “theyve seen them have ALOT of play in the swivel and not leak”. I guess Ill continue plumbing the system and see what happens but just gives me a bad feeling in the back of my head with these Fuel fittings being right next to distributor and electrical.

·
Registered
16,445 Posts
I can only say I've had zero issues with any of my fragola stuff, and I don't recall hearing others having issues either. Good luck sir

1 - 20 of 41 Posts