Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Western North Carolina
24,507 Posts
Chevy fix the converter/transmission, ac condenser / vacuum pump/brake issues?
No. Not yet. I asked a field engineer a couple weeks ago when they were gonna change converter vendors. He laughed and shrugged. The converters are giving these trannies a bad rap. He said you are preaching to the choir.

·
Registered
415 Posts
No. Not yet. I asked a field engineer a couple weeks ago when they were gonna change converter vendors. He laughed and shrugged. The converters are giving these trannies a bad rap. He said you are preaching to the choir.
I guess they’ve had converter issues for awhile, my wife’s 14 Acadia’s trans went out and my transmission guy told me the converter failed and took the trans with it.

·
Western North Carolina
24,507 Posts
I guess they’ve had converter issues for awhile, my wife’s 14 Acadia’s trans went out and my transmission guy told me the converter failed and took the trans with it.
Yes they have. More so with the 14 and up six speeds. 13 and older didn’t have this much failure.

·
Registered
20,586 Posts
I had my teenagers truck fixed—$2800 transmission. Probably got by cheaply here.
My young 20’s kid got his converter replaced-$1800
Teenagers truck- the 2016 condenser replaced-$500 did it myself with a charge at the shop.
20’s kid-done the condenser myself but the new ac system cost $450 to charge so $750 here.
Brake system -fixed on recall but Chevy just turned off the dash light.The truck is still hard to stop in parking lots and the brake pedal is awful. Will put on the new pump in a week or so.

·
Western North Carolina
24,507 Posts
I had my teenagers truck fixed—$2800 transmission. Probably got by cheaply here.
My young 20’s kid got his converter replaced-$1800
Teenagers truck- the 2016 condenser replaced-$500 did it myself with a charge at the shop.
20’s kid-done the condenser myself but the new ac system cost $450 to charge so $750 here.
Brake system -fixed on recall but Chevy just turned off the dash light.The truck is still hard to stop in parking lots and the brake pedal is awful. Will put on the new pump in a week or so.
I’m not a fan of the new 234yf stufff. Never understood why they went to a vac pump.I would rather have hydro boost.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Must of been a Friday end of the day project and they just grabbed some material that was close by.

·
Registered
39,885 Posts
they are def grey. i went and looked at the truck
Well, then I'd have to agree. That ain't a match. Not that it matters; the whole damn interior looks cheapass. Everybody buys based on what the outside looks like but you spend 95 percent of your time inside. Your $70,000 office needs to look the part and this one doesn't.

·
Age of Acquiescence
32,480 Posts
Well, then I'd have to agree. That ain't a match. Not that it matters; the whole damn interior looks cheapass. Everybody buys based on what the outside looks like but you spend 95 percent of your time inside. Your $70,000 office needs to look the part and this one doesn't.
Ive always felt the sameway

the interior is most important to me

·
Registered
16,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I agree. Dodge is so much nicer inside. Heres 2 im looking at. Not sure about the 2 tone tan

21 - 40 of 41 Posts