Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
23,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff424/n5ifi/?action=view&current=IMG_0132.mp4

It's an 8" PTC converter and it's supposed to stall at about 5300. but I think it's a little tight. The video sucks but you can hear it pretty well. Looks extremely lazy to me and no way it should be running that MPH with that ET. I don't think it's a timing issue and it's run 6.82 6.82 and this morning 6.80 and a 6.82 all at about 104.75 105mph.
These are the first 4 passes on the car all footbraking and leaving at 2000rpm.
60' times are way off at 1.58 to 1.60
Windsor with a glide and 4.86 gear.

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff424/n5ifi/?action=view&current=IMG_0133.mp4

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
It's an 8" PTC converter and it's supposed to stall at about 5300. but I think it's a little tight. The video sucks but you can hear it pretty well. Looks extremely lazy to me and no way it should be running that MPH with that ET. I don't think it's a timing issue and it's run 6.82 6.82 and this morning 6.80 and a 6.82 all at about 104.75 105mph.
These are the first 4 passes on the car all footbraking and leaving at 2000rpm.
60' times are way off at 1.58 to 1.60
Windsor with a glide and 4.86 gear.

This is why you should have a Race Pack on board. You cant tell shit from a video.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
iT SHOULD GO MUCH FASTER....ESPECIALLY GOING DOWNHILL LIKE THAT!
seriously my ATI 5200 treemaster would footbrake to 4200. that thing needs a little loosening or some spray!

·
23,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, my son said he ran a guy yesterday that ran 6.40's and my sons mph at 6.80 was higher than the 6.40 car. It's way tight. I have a PTC in my car and love it. There service is good too. We will call them tomorrow and see what they think. I'll bet they give one free adjustment.
He went 5 rounds yesterday in one color and 4 in the other color at a big race in Monroe La. and those are the first passes on the car, transmission, rearend and motor. It's a totally new combo so we are happy to just get it out and on the track. He said he was footbraking it at 2500 rpm in those pictures and that's about all he can hold it. I asked him to raise his leave rpm as high as he can with out pushing the car into the beams.

·
23,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
23,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Why not call PTC and have them hook it up for you? If its not right they will get it right.
Here is some new fly in the ointment.

I'm not at the track but I had him while warming the car up this morning put it in second and at 3 mph or so floor the throttle and he said it stalled at exactly 5300 rpm just what PTC told me I needed. So I had him raise his launch rpm to 3000 on his time trial and low and behold it picked up some ET 6.76 and some more MPH up to 105.62 with a density altitude of 2280 feet. Damn, this car should be much quicker than it is. He said its flying when he gets it into high gear. Can't wait to get it on the trans brake but for the first weekend we were foot braking. It's a TCI transmission and the damn trans brake spool valve locked up the other day when we tested it so we were scared to use it this weekend. No more TCI for us. We are done.

·
Patron Saint of Liars
8,183 Posts
Has he ever tried stalling it at 1500rpm? I have a 10" 5200 stall converter and when I use to foot brake I would be almost at idle when staged to flash the converter.

·
23,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has he ever tried stalling it at 1500rpm? I have a 10" 5200 stall converter and when I use to foot brake I would be almost at idle when staged to flash the converter.
Yes, he was using it off idle(1500) for the first few passes.
I think it may be carb issue. He bought a 950 Quick Fuel carb and I think it may just be to big or to fat. It's very lazy and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be.

·
Patron Saint of Liars
8,183 Posts
Yes, he was using it off idle(1500) for the first few passes.
I think it may be carb issue. He bought a 950 Quick Fuel carb and I think it may just be to big or to fat. It's very lazy and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be.
Change the Windsor to Chevy then tell him to stab it again and report back with results. :smt064

·
23,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Change the Windsor to Chevy then tell him to stab it again and report back with results. :smt064
He wants something that will last.
Not a another job for Mr. Goodwrench.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I watched the video and I would have to agree that thing is not hitting the flash like it should.

You know all you have to do to see what its flashing is to put it in high and floor it from about a 15 mph roll.

Watch the tach and where ever it stops at for a second will be your flash point.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
my nova goes 1.54 60 and only runs 7.40 1/8. need gear or loosen the timing cam make it lazy too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts