Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The phone number is no good. Just wondered if they were still in business or if anyone makes uppers like this anymore?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
contact Real Speed Parts in Clearwater Florida, he bought the patterns from my friend that designed them, ask for Walt

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow, that's crazy! I've never seen anything like that for an 8.8, that's a pretty awesome looking set up.

My 9 inch is kinda like that, but it's all welded.

Dave Zimmerman did mine.

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Somewhat stock style :rolleyes:
Yea, something like, sorta, kinda, maybe, round about, almost, nearly stock type suspension ..... Bwhahahaha!

Relax people. 1st, its just a jack stand queen that RARELY runs. 2nd, I'm not trying to run anything that has ANY suspension rules, so I have to run against cars with pure racing 4 links. I'm not trying to crash the party in any classes that have suspesion rules, so what's under my car is of no consequence or concern to anyone on this board or any other board for that matter. The cars I have to face will be able to run a full back half or even a full tube chassis so if anything, that puts me at a disadvantage.

This is no X275 car. We have a non-minitubbed TRUE stock rear suspension car for that kind of racing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The Autofab set up is very nice. I know first hand. They designed that suspension for my 275 car I'm building. With the optional brace welded in, tying everything together it's a pretty stout 8.8. When I was looking for rear suspension options, I was looking at the Team Z stuff and saw big improvement possibilities. Talked to Rob at Autofab about it and like always he came up with a trick piece that surpassed what I was even looking for.

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,512 Posts
Yea, something like, sorta, kinda, maybe, round about, almost, nearly stock type suspension ..... Bwhahahaha!

Relax people. 1st, its just a jack stand queen that RARELY runs. 2nd, I'm not trying to run anything that has ANY suspension rules, so I have to run against cars with pure racing 4 links. I'm not trying to crash the party in any classes that have suspesion rules, so what's under my car is of no consequence or concern to anyone on this board or any other board for that matter. The cars I have to face will be able to run a full back half or even a full tube chassis so if anything, that puts me at a disadvantage.

This is no X275 car. We have a non-minitubbed TRUE stock rear suspension car for that kind of racing.
Actually, it wouldnt even matter. SS classes allow you to move the mounting points on the rear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts