Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49,338 Posts
Here is my suggestion, if your comfortable, run the motor up to 8500 before the 1-2 shift and see what it does.If it couples, the car will likely fly, if it still slips like crazy, well, its going to need adjustment. I have seen coverters work like shit work like shit and work like shit and then when you zing them up a few hundred more RPM they cinch down.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is my suggestion, if your comfortable, run the motor up to 8500 before the 1-2 shift and see what it does.If it couples, the car will likely fly, if it still slips like crazy, well, its going to need adjustment. I have seen coverters work like shit work like shit and work like shit and then when you zing them up a few hundred more RPM they cinch down.
Thanks for that suggestion. Next time at track I'll increase Dome Psi target enough to get actual engine boost into 25-28 Psi range. When I do that I'll hopefully see rpm increase past 7500 range and into 8000 rpm range before 1-2 shift.:)

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Outstanding info. Next time out I will turn the boost up and see what happens but I will still have to get the present converter tightened. Is that just a stator change to my current PTC 9.5 15-0 converter?:)
Yes a stator change is all you need.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts