·
Registered
49,433 Posts
seems a tad small for that much turbo.

·
Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you all think for a good one on this setup. not run the car yet would like to change it before i get it tuned.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
what do you all think for a good one on this setup. not run the car yet would like to change it before i get it tuned.

it's not the greatest cam i've ever seen-but it's not too bad-it'll get you down the track fairly easy

·
Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shawn please pm me something that will work great with this setup. it came with the motor when i got it. its a lme motor . got a rossler 210 3.50 gear. thanks

·
Registered
49,433 Posts
why is that?
Ve evenlope can push a compressor that big into surge.Gotta use the air up a bit to keep it happy. IE if you don't put in enough camshaft and cylinder head and bolt on a big turbo the surge limit gets encroached on and the turbo makes heat even when its making power.I think that cam would be fine on a 98-106 but the 114 is going to be finicky compared to the 106.I also know of people running more cmashaft with 106's and they seem to make good power.

what cylinder head ? If it is a c5r/canted valve etc I would make a retraction there.

·
Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all pros done up by hrd racing . psi springs victoryt tit int. ferrea super alloy ex. they flow around 390cfm.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
shawn please pm me something that will work great with this setup. it came with the motor when i got it. its a lme motor . got a rossler 210 3.50 gear. thanks

i only spec turbo cams for customers with my engines.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Ve evenlope can push a compressor that big into surge.Gotta use the air up a bit to keep it happy. IE if you don't put in enough camshaft and cylinder head and bolt on a big turbo the surge limit gets encroached on and the turbo makes heat even when its making power.I think that cam would be fine on a 98-106 but the 114 is going to be finicky compared to the 106.I also know of people running more cmashaft with 106's and they seem to make good power.

what cylinder head ? If it is a c5r/canted valve etc I would make a retraction there.

i see-i guess once again we go against what everybody else does.i have run 114's and twin 88's with smaller cams with no issues.As far as a 106-Phil's cam is much smaller than that and we seem to make more power than anybody with a 106-just sayin

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
Ive got great cam for you. Cam is the Same Cam that Phil Ran the first season out itn the Renegade. Specd by Kurt. ll include a set of New Comp Solid Roller lifters. 650 Shipped

out of respect to kurt, phil and ll other involved i will only disclose the specs when its sold.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Ive got great cam for you. Cam is the Same Cam that Phil Ran the first season out itn the Renegade. Specd by Kurt. ll include a set of New Comp Solid Roller lifters. 650 Shipped

out of respect to kurt, phil and ll other involved i will only disclose the specs when its sold.

that's a pretty good cam-we had some good runs with that bad boy.

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts

I forgot to mention the cam is brand new, i bought it directly from W2W

·
Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have the keyway jesels already. im gonna get with steve petty first he will be tuning it in a couple weeks thanks. ill give you a shout if things change.

·
Registered
49,433 Posts
i see-i guess once again we go against what everybody else does.i have run 114's and twin 88's with smaller cams with no issues.As far as a 106-Phil's cam is much smaller than that and we seem to make more power than anybody with a 106-just sayin
My point was that the smaller the camshaft is the harder the turbo has to work. Lowering work increases output and improves efficiency.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts