Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get my brother a compressor for his house for his birthday. Would this be good for a home compressor? He will mainly be using an impact, and occasionally a sandblaster, but only for short periods of time. I dont ever see him using a DA or anything. What are your thoughts or recommendations on a different one?

http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/Puma-PK5020VP-Air-Compressor/p590.html

·
Registered
113 Posts
For that kind of money i would be looking at something bigger like a 60 gallon.Sandblasters use alot of air and a 20 gallon wont cut it.I have a 60 gallon huskey from home depot,it 220 volt.It will keep up almost all air tools.I have another 60 gallon tank i hook to it if im doing sandblasting.Not that it wont do it without it but i get twice as long time to do the work before i run it to low on air.What ever you buy dont get an oil less one,they dont last very long,they lose compression after a few years or less.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For that kind of money i would be looking at something bigger like a 60 gallon.Sandblasters use alot of air and a 20 gallon wont cut it.I have a 60 gallon huskey from home depot,it 220 volt.It will keep up almost all air tools.I have another 60 gallon tank i hook to it if im doing sandblasting.Not that it wont do it without it but i get twice as long time to do the work before i run it to low on air.What ever you buy dont get an oil less one,they dont last very long,they lose compression after a few years or less.
c

Ya, i have been reading about the oilless sucking. I didnt know they had 60GAL compressors for under $500. THe thing i liked about that thought, is that he wouldnt have a 220v outlet put in.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
He won't regret putting in the 220 outlet and stepping up. You can never have too big of a compressor.... It's just like saying a small garage space will do you.... It's not long before you outgrow it. lol

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nooooo, stay away from that one. When shopping, look at the [email protected] psi specifications. 10psi and up is where you want to be. I know it is your brother and he may not burn up the air like you or I, but air tools, blasters and the like love air. A 60 gallon, 3hp Ingersoll Rand is only $500ish at your local Tractor Supply. A Husky or Campbell Hausfield with the same specs is only $400ish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts