Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try and upgrade this car to 25.5... Hopefully in the pics u can see how the 4 link was put in with the stock frame rails. The rear crossmember sets about 10in further back than the main hoop. It was all tied in together ok, but the crossmember is just on the inside of the frame rails. The stock lower torque box is on the outsides tied to the rocker. And all the down legs is just welded on plates. The plan 2x3 connectors from to back with outriggers to the down legs to sit on. Will I still need to put a traditional num1 bar in or can I make it work of that crossmember somehow?
[/IMG]

·
Registered
570 Posts
cut the bottom 3" and the floor plate off the main hoop, plate and weld the area with a new 6" x 6" plate vertically along the rocker, then slide a complete 2 x 3 dropped crossmember up from underneath the main hoop. connectors forward and short legs to the 4 links crossmember to tie it back together and continue the funny car cage to the main crossmember. it might sound like more work but alot of times removing more actually makes the job easier to complete later on.

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
some of the work looks usable the cage itself from what you can see looks good. if removing and starting over isn't an option i would either do it like joe m said other then i would run the new crossmember from rocker panel to rocker paneland weld the cage to the top of that and not worry about 6 X 6 plates then connect your lower 4-link crossmember to the main crossmember

1 - 6 of 6 Posts