Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is or do you think the Whipple 305 is worth the cost over the standard 6-71 like a Moonyham or Littlefild. Getting close to buying me a new one and trying to make up my mind.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Thats ALOT of money!

I know the look of the roots are f-ing awsome but damn, you could have a whole Procharger setup for that.:smt119

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
The 305 just looks like a huge version of their Mustang stuff. Which is absolutely worth every penny. I wouldn't be afraid to buy it, if their product is good enough for Ford Racing to use on the Cobra Jet it's good enough for me.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
My buddy has a 305 on a sbc. The blower makes huge power, but having trouble cracking heads. It's on alky now, didn't like gas and the heads still aren't happy.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My buddy has a 305 on a sbc. The blower makes huge power, but having trouble cracking heads. It's on alky now, didn't like gas and the heads still aren't happy.
I had that trouble running a lot of boost on my setup. When I went back to a set of good Cast Iron heads thing got a lot better. Whipple says I should gain around 200hp on low boost with the setup I have now.

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
I had that trouble running a lot of boost on my setup. When I went back to a set of good Cast Iron heads thing got a lot better. Whipple says I should gain around 200hp on low boost with the setup I have now.
The twin-screw is WAY more efficient than a roots blower.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Is or do you think the Whipple 305 is worth the cost over the standard 6-71 like a Moonyham or Littlefild. Getting close to buying me a new one and trying to make up my mind.
Also the 305 does not compare to a 6-71, they are something like a 12-71 if I recall correctly. What combo do you have now? How much boost? Gas or alky?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gas Running10lb of boost. This is a street car. Whipple says there 305 is right between a 6-71 and a 8-71. Witch would work great for my needs. Car run's in the 9's now but would like just a little more out of it but the BDS I have now is about at it's limit. And if I am going to upgrade to a better blower way not do it right and have room to grow. Not down talking BDS as this blower has severed me well.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Gas Running10lb of boost. This is a street car. Whipple says there 305 is right between a 6-71 and a 8-71. Witch would work great for my needs. Car run's in the 9's now but would like just a little more out of it but the BDS I have now is about at it's limit. And if I am going to upgrade to a better blower way not do it right and have room to grow. Not down talking BDS as this blower has severed me well.
CFM wise I believe it falls in that area but it has the power of like a 12-71.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking like that's what I will do. Just trying to get someone to talk me out of it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Looking like that's what I will do. Just trying to get someone to talk me out of it.
7k just for the blower ,you will have around 8500 when done.There is no question it will make more power than a roots blower ,but you have to look at the cost factor,double the price not worth it 2 me.If i were you i would call steve morris and order a F2 procharger and GET ON THE HAIRDRYER BANDWAGON :smt066 LOL

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
7k just for the blower ,you will have around 8500 when done.There is no question it will make more power than a roots blower ,but you have to look at the cost factor,double the price not worth it 2 me.If i were you i would call steve morris and order a F2 procharger and GET ON THE HAIRDRYER BANDWAGON :smt066 LOL
Way to much money tied up in my EFI setup to scape it now.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts