Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had that discussion with a chassis dude the other day. Told me how the Fox car is end all be all of drag cars. Said eveything on these cars is perfect. The front strut suspension, the 4-link type suspension, the wheel base, the weight...everything just say's...Perfection. Do you guy's agree?

And, what GM, MOPAR car comes closest to a Fox body car?

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Perfect? No, but it's a damn nice platform to start from.

·
Registered
645 Posts
ive had a g-body and now a fox body the fox body as far stock suspension cars go the fox body is a awesome starting point,suspension,weight,and avalible parts.it's hrd to beat it. i had a cutlass that worked pretty good and just by changing to the fox body i picked up 4 tenths and my had alot more consistant 60 ft's. the main thing i think is the weight. the g-body's and f-bodys cant hardly get down to 2700 lbs with out alot of fiber glass parts. this is just my opinion!!

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
G Bodys are heavy, but they are right there with a fox body for the best platform.

Only advantage would be a mustang can get lighter, suspension wise, pretty much the damn same thing !!!

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
there are definitely far superior cars out there as far as aerodynamics, but suspension wise, they are hard to beat.
Also, you can pick up a nice fox body for less than $1500
f-bodys are slowly becoming the new fox body as their prices come down. Most people don't have $5k-$10k to plunk down on a chassis to just cut up.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Had that discussion with a chassis dude the other day. Told me how the Fox car is end all be all of drag cars. Said eveything on these cars is perfect. The front strut suspension, the 4-link type suspension, the wheel base, the weight...everything just say's...Perfection. Do you guy's agree?

And, what GM, MOPAR car comes closest to a Fox body car?
Lets see,

Cheap.
Light.
Anything fits under the hood.
Good working suspension front and rear.
Did I mention cheap :)
There are zillions of them out there.
Long wheelbase, short overhang.
Aftermarket engine/chassis parts out the ass that actually fit.

As much as I hate to say it I would have to say he is right, like them or not there is a reason 80% of any heads up race is a Fox Mustang - but thats exactly why I dont want one :)

I would have to say a 1st gen Camaro or 68-72 Nova would be #2 in popularity for a 'perfect' drag race car based on sheer numbers.

But #2 for a stock suspension car would be a 3rd-4th gen F-body IMO.

·
Registered
16,490 Posts
Yes!:p

·
Registered
910 Posts
Heck no! Plymouth Dusters, Dodge Demons, and Dodge Darts! Put in your motor and go.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yep without a doubt the Foxbody Mustang is the best car for drag racing for the reasons already covered in this thread. It's no wonder you see so many of them in the various classes especially the stock suspension stuff. Personally though, I like the G-bodies especially them Regals!:supz:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I think it's the most versatile factory car ever produced and the after market has definitely assisted in giving it that status. It is the easiest car for some young guy starting out and learning.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.