Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a single fogger is it worth it? Bare with me guys I'm a turbo guy. I've heard it will pick up quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Depends on how much nitrous you are runing and if you are runing 1/8th or 1/4 mile. I don't have room in my car for a 15lb bottle, so I went to 2 10lbs. I race 1/8th mile and I was amazed at how little the pressure drops compared to when I had 1 bottle. More pressure equals more power for the enitire run.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
This! ^^^

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats up greg? Havent talked in a long time. Are you coming to the Ga. race

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
If 1 bottle will provide enough n20 & pressure for whatever you are running, i.e. 1/8 or 1/4, run that...saves 23#. We are at the point of having to run either a single 15# bottle or 2 10# bottles, because on 2 stages on a 1/4 run, the n20 & bottle pressure is down to 800# crossing. Good luck.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are dropping about 120 in the 1/8th

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
whats up greg? Havent talked in a long time. Are you coming to the Ga. race
I was trying to, but my son is playing soccer, and has a tournament.... Remember he was just alittle peep squeak when we were at that Orlando race. I think he was 5 maybe??? He's growing up to fast! He will be 10 in Nov......:eek:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
sounds like you may be either overfilling your bottles or overheating them. That will cause a false higher pressure reading and it will drop like a rock on the first hit. That is quite a drop in the 1/8th unless you aren't running jets! lol!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
sounds like you may be either overfilling your bottles or overheating them. That will cause a false higher pressure reading and it will drop like a rock on the first hit. That is quite a drop in the 1/8th unless you aren't running jets! lol!
bottle

I'm with him. ^^^^^

I run 9 lbs in a ten pound bottle only heat to 900 PSI and data logged it with the pressure tranducer before the split in the engine compartment. pressure dropped 50-60 psi using over 3 lbs a pass on a single 10 lb

·
6,816 Posts
It all depends on bottle pressure u must. run high pressure I only drop about 25 to 30 on a 1/8 mile hit
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we were running 950 and only on a 38 jet.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
we were running 950 and only on a 38 jet.
Your bottle is probably overfilled as hell as overheated. Run it at 900 with a weight of 22 lbs. and you will see more total flow and much less drop.

·
Registered
367 Posts
When using 2 bottles do you log both bottle pressures or can you log after the Y block When using racepack?

·
6,816 Posts
When using 2 bottles do you log both bottle pressures or can you log after the Y block When using racepack?
after the y will be fine

·
Registered
203 Posts
I like two bottles, nice steady pressure

·
Registered
642 Posts
Racepacks sensor is up to 1500 psi when running 2 bottles would the pressure be greater than 1500 after the Y. Does this mean if you have 2 bottles @ 950psi ea, Would the line psi be 1900psi after the Y.
No, the pressures average not add together, If you have two at 950 your line pressure will be 950. One at 900 and one at 1000, line pressure would be 950 after opening both.

·
Registered
367 Posts
No, the pressures average not add together, If you have two at 950 your line pressure will be 950. One at 900 and one at 1000, line pressure would be 950 after opening both.
I Knew it was another of my stupid qestions, Just cant understand How it works?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts