Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is outlaw 10.5 gonna be ok this race season ? Are there new cars or teams competing at Cecil?
Are deckers down competing in 10.5 ? Anyone have insight by far my favorite class to watch was hoping after last year the class would be thriving this year !

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Is outlaw 10.5 gonna be ok this race season ? Are there new cars or teams competing at Cecil?
Are deckers down competing in 10.5 ? Anyone have insight by far my favorite class to watch was hoping after last year the class would be thriving this year !
Did you mean to say done competing. No, they will be there. Theres 2-3 new cars and 2-3 cars switching combos. My guess Cecil will get its normal 15-18 cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that would be awesome ! I thought I saw on Facebook they weren’t running at Cecil I may be mistaken though . Again thanks for the info

·
Registered
527 Posts
Did you mean to say done competing. No, they will be there. Theres 2-3 new cars and 2-3 cars switching combos. My guess Cecil will get its normal 15-18 cars
Dragzine coverage from Georgia on Friday says they wouldn't be racing at Cecil due to certain circumstances that they didn't want to get into

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dragzine coverage from Georgia on Friday says they wouldn't be racing at Cecil due to certain circumstances that they didn't want to get into
Really, I did see where the kid said on Instagram or FB he couldn't wait to get back to racing Crapitol. I thought something was weird why would anyone be excited to race at capitol when Cecil is 90 minutes up the road.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Heard it may have to do with added weight for lock-up converter. Adding 100lbs to screw blowers and twin turbo combos with lock-up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to hear about big fields and possibly new teams . Look forward to seeing some of the news cars from last year making progress . Ron Greens car and the blown Cuda I hope will be back . Love the pro charged camaro ! Can’t wait for the first race at MIR !

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
My educated guess...
Decker's have been trying to get capitol on the "outlaw 10.5 schedule" for a couple years now
Cecil has a strong grip on the majority of the races.
They finally had enough.

theres 2 thoughts...
1) cecil built this class, stuck with the class, gotta be loyal to cecil with the majority of the races.
2) if you want a series to work you send out 8-10 races to the highest bidder. From the conversations I've heard outlaw 10.5 guys could race for 10K if they hand picked there schedule.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That would be a win win right . Better money brings better competition.
I live close to Atco deckers never seemed to run there when they had the 10.5 race.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts