Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF IT'S JUST ME OR DO ALL US RACERS JUST HAVE A NEED TO LINE UP AT A STOP LIGHT ON ANY 4 LANE DIVIDED HGWY ?
I SEEM TO INTENTIONALLY WANT TO BE FIRST AT LIGHT JUST SO I CAN 60FT ALL THE CARS NEXT TO ME IN MY FOCUS.
MY JUNK'S NOT REAL FAST RUNNING 11.0'S SO MAYBE IT'S A NEED FOR SOMETHING MORE.
I ENJOY IT MOST BECAUSE IT UPSET THE WIFE.
I WAS JUST THINKING THIS MORNINGIS ALL

·
SunDial Express
1,437 Posts
you should try practicing taking the stripe on the interstate too. :D that can be a lot of fun. great way to practice when you can get to the track. You will get some looks every so often.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
No, it's not just you. I do it too and it drives my wife crazy. I don't know why.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I JUST SEEM TO EVER RUN IN TO ANY OTHER RACERS SO I FEL LIKE I ATLEAST HAVE SOME COMPETITION.
THE ONLY ACTION I GET IS WHEN SOMEONE IS TRYING TO GET IN FRONT OF ME JUST TO TURN SO I HOLESHOT HIM AND IT REALLY PISSES HIM OFF . ONCE THAT LITTLE FOCUS GETS ROLLING IT RUNS PRETTY GOOD.
I ONCE WAS DRIVING 4wd f250 and i was sitting at a light in livonia and a young guy pulled up beside me in a 4wd f150 when the light turned green we both whacked it . when i looked over at him we were neck and neck and he was screaming at the top of his lungs and it';s a sight i wont forget . needless to say i won because i dont seam to know when to let off (until im ahead)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do the same damn thing. I have most of the lights figured out on the way to work. When the opposite direction goes red, I know about how long each one takes to go green. I am going to get T-boned hardcore one of these days doing this tho.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
guilty.

I got a talking to at work for doing burn outs on the forklift. They don't spin much..but when it is raining out and you get the tires wet you can leave stripes 8 feet long.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I do it also. My daily driver is either an expedition or a wrangler, so the only thing I have is the holeshot. I still usually get beat, though. LOL

·
Registered
960 Posts
I used to, but now I almost seem to need to be last one out of the hole....

Damn "street racing" law, where even if you're just suspected of posibilty considering the thought of thinking about driving/acceling just a little fast, you get the book thrown at you.

I have kids all the time that seem to want to race me off the lights, the fun part is making them think that you're going to go, and then watching them pull away, tires squeeling, even better when a cop is behind them or close by. :lol:

·
D/R 1879
4,801 Posts
guilty.

I got a talking to at work for doing burn outs on the forklift. They don't spin much..but when it is raining out and you get the tires wet you can leave stripes 8 feet long.
At my old job I used to smoke the forklift tires all the time. This forklift actually had enough power to spin em up! The back lot had small tires tracks everywhere.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I do it but the wife doesn't bitch at me unless I forget or am not paying attention and lose. Then she likes to rub it in that I lost.:eek:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
LOL ... Talking about holeshots , years ago a 69 Mach1 pulled up at a light and I look over and its a dude with his GF, him looking all smug like he 's tha man... so we're on. I bump the gas pedal and move forward a few inches and there he goes wide open throttle through a red light right into the path of a wagon going through the intersection... lots of bent up sheetmetal ... Sooooo ... I did a right thing, put on my turn signal and made a quiet turn down the street. Needless to say I get reminded every day why dragging from the lights may not be something I want to do much ... BTW , no one got hurt in that crash, just some pride ...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts