Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To move the frame rails on an s-10 in one inch from the cab back to allow for rear tire clearance..keeping the leaf springs..im building this for x275

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I would think that is NOT legal. From X275.net - "Rear frame rails may be notched for clearance"

Sounds like thats a bit more than notching.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive read the rules...i was looking at an s10 at the ultimate outlaws race at peidmont..the frame rails looked different than looking at the frame rails on my truck...maybe my vision sucks idk

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
It's just my opinion but if you move the entire frame rail in then it's no longer "stock rear frame rails" and I would say "back halfed". For me the frame rail would have to be no narrower in the "notched" area than the inside dimension while in the rails are in the factory location, also the entire frame would have to be in the stock location.

. . . in my opinion

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i understand..but the rule says complete stock chassis and frame rails...The factory frame rails are still going to be there..bone stock no 2x3 or round tube...what would be the difference in moving the frame rails in and notching the frame rails other than the fact that the rear suspension moves in an inch..

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
i understand..but the rule says complete stock chassis and frame rails...The factory frame rails are still going to be there..bone stock no 2x3 or round tube...what would be the difference in moving the frame rails in and notching the frame rails other than the fact that the rear suspension moves in an inch..
It will be more labor and expense to move them than to notch them anyway! Wheres the confusion?? :p

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
Moving them = not legal
Notching = legal

Thats about all there is to it....

·
2013 KING OF THE STREET
1,706 Posts

·
2013 KING OF THE STREET
1,706 Posts
from mild to wild ss lol

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont see any s10 owners posting...the frame rail is roughly 2 1/2 inchs..if i cut an inch out and box it that still only leaves me 1 1/2 inches..thats not alot of frame rail

1 - 20 of 42 Posts