Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I read your posts above and it appears you are talking about “opportunity cost”. By paying off ones mortgage a person is saving 4% but missing out on 8 %. That’s simple accounting 101.
yeah, no shit. Plus pay more in taxes too boot. Don’t mess up again and miss that part. It’s kinda important.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
The real shame is people vote for me to pay for their bills. You fuck ups need to save and not pay off your house. Those medical bills run about 285k per couple in retirement. That’s not covered by Medicare either.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
you are making huge assumptions about the market and completely ignoring risk.
oh, so you have what sort of crystal ball? Better run down to the sports book with that knowledge.
You do know I’m quoting about 100 years of that, right? Or that returns have been much higher for recent decades. Plus the tax loss you are causing yourself.
But hey, you have a shack someplace. There’s that.

·
Registered
12,641 Posts
The real shame is people vote for me to pay for their bills. You fuck ups need to save and not pay off your house. Those medical bills run about 285k per couple in retirement. That’s not covered by Medicare either.
I retired at 58 with more capital than I will ever spend. I’m fine. My financial man takes me on annual hunting trips and sends me Christmas presents.

why are you being such a jerk?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I retired at 58 with more capital than I will ever spend. I’m fine. My financial man takes me on annual hunting trips and sends me Christmas presents.

why are you being such a jerk?
wow, that’s impressive. You pay him enough that he gives you “free lunch.” You must feel real cool when he does such things. Thanks for trying to impress me. It’s flattering. Too bad I couldn’t care less about what others have and I don’t. Like your rent a buddy that you didn’t know is a rent a buddy.

·
Registered
12,641 Posts
wow, that’s impressive. You pay him enough that he gives you “free lunch.” You must feel real cool when he does such things. Thanks for trying to impress me. It’s flattering. Too bad I couldn’t care less about what others have and I don’t. Like your rent a buddy that you didn’t know is a rent a buddy.
Get help, you are truly an idiot.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Oh and you’re welcome. Got to kick up your heels and slack off before time. All so I have to pay for your follies because your “buddy” took a lot of money off you and you didn’t know how much it really costs to retire.
Like those healthcare out of pockets I mentioned. Bet your buddy didn’t tell you about that.

·
Registered
12,641 Posts
Oh and you’re welcome. Got to kick up your heels and slack off before time. All so I have to pay for your follies because your “buddy” took a lot of money off you and you didn’t know how much it really costs to retire.
Like those healthcare out of pockets I mentioned. Bet your buddy didn’t tell you about that.
There you go again! Assumptions out your ass. Do you really think you sound intelligent? Are you drunk?

·
Trolling the Trolls
13,813 Posts
So, for Christmas the wife and I decided to pay off the house and property for each others gifts. We paid off the last 22,100 and something in December. Checked credit karma today and my score went down fucking 41 points for closing the account. WTH?
At least Credit Karma gave you a score. Keep being debt free and they will have no score to give you,

52 years old and score free due to lack of credit data. I still have a few cash/savings/checking accounts, but everything gets paid when the bill comes in the mail.

Try talking to a car sales person about buying a car when the AI has already noted your lack of credit even though you could write a check for anything on the lot.

61 - 80 of 148 Posts