Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for Christmas the wife and I decided to pay off the house and property for each others gifts. We paid off the last 22,100 and something in December. Checked credit karma today and my score went down fucking 41 points for closing the account. WTH?

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Fuck em, I paid off all my debt years ago, I wont finance a vehicle I only use the credit card to make parts purchases over distance for ease and pay within the alloted time, i was sick of giving all those cocksucker interest. if you are all paid up, then you don't really need credit from now on in a way, unless you need a bigger house of something, Im done buying houses and work and make decent money so I can just buy what I want, Not rich, but not for want, I'm happy and if you have no debts now, you should be happy too. congrats!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I owe zero to anyone for anything. Only good IMO.

Now I have monthly bills etc. That's a different matter. Should not affect your credit score.

·
Non me ne frega un cazzo
32,316 Posts
If you're paying interest on CC you're doing it wrong anyway

Fuck em, I paid off all my debt years ago, I wont finance a vehicle I only use the credit card to make parts purchases over distance for ease and pay within the alloted time, i was sick of giving all those cocksucker interest. if you are all paid up, then you don't really need credit from now on in a way, unless you need a bigger house of something, Im done buying houses and work and make decent money so I can just buy what I want, Not rich, but not for want, I'm happy and if you have no debts now, you should be happy too. congrats!!!

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not planning on any more mortgages and don't really need anything right now, just worked hard to get our credit where it was and surprised by the report. OH WELL!

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
That always happens when someone pay off a mortgage. But, if you went from 830 to 780, it doesn't matter a bit.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
I've been debt free for roughly 18years. Credit score 800+. I use multiple cards and work rollover dates so they all can be paid off every month. Make more on cash back than the savings account makes.

·
Registered
10,823 Posts
and the more you do in cash the lower it will go. It is also credit to debt ratio, closing acts lowers you available credit.
I have everything paid off for years now, use CC and pay off every month maintains some credit.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I'm echoing what others have already said here, but you only need a good credit score if you're going to borrow more money.

If you know you're done taking out loans, you could probably put a lock on your credit and never look at it again.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
We have $80k left on the house. Other than that, no other accounts. You gotta spend to make cash back or miles and we don't do much of that so we have no use for credit cards or a score. When we do buy nice things it is with cash and we almost always find better deals that way. My wife is hilarious when she is bargaining with cash. Used or new it doesn't matter, she will ask for deal and usually gets it.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm echoing what others have already said here, but you only need a good credit score if you're going to borrow more money.

If you know you're done taking out loans, you could probably put a lock on your credit and never look at it again.
Well, I can't tell the future about not borrowing again, but the freeze/lock is a good idea for now

·
Super Moderator
49,521 Posts
No

It's bad to bullshit that you don't.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts