Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to know as I have a few customers asking. I dont see why it wouldnt be. It bolts in the factory rear lower arm mount and the only fabricated mount is the lower front arm mount. It still retains factory location for all other mounting points as well as the front lower.
JR

·
IN THE FRONT
4,015 Posts
Better call John Sears, he told me no.

I tried to plead my case because I wanted to put one in my wagon.

I had to go a different direction.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I posted here in hopes he would see it. I would hope its legal or is to be legal in the future. It does bolt in and does retain all factory locations, everything mounts stock except for one mounting point which is fabricated (in stock location). Mustangs and camaros arent even mounted in stock locations :rolleyes: and I know a bunch of cars have way more tubular designs up front. Just curious as we have a couple guys wanting to switch to a lighter design with a rack&pinion.

·
IN THE FRONT
4,015 Posts

I posted here in hopes he would see it. I would hope its legal or is to be legal in the future. It does bolt in and does retain all factory locations, everything mounts stock except for one mounting point which is fabricated (in stock location). Mustangs and camaros arent even mounted in stock locations :rolleyes: and I know a bunch of cars have way more tubular designs up front. Just curious as we have a couple guys wanting to switch to a lighter design with a rack&pinion.
Good luck, Attilio is a great friend of mine and John would not budge for me.

·
Senor Frog
8,949 Posts

WOW,I used to think Sears was a GBODY man ,one of the guys...

I guess only Mustangs are allowed the trick K Members
the rest of us Taxi Driving saps will have to stick to what the General designed

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
WOW,I used to think Sears was a GBODY man ,one of the guys...

I guess only Mustangs are allowed the trick K Members
the rest of us Taxi Driving saps will have to stick to what the General designed
Na just go get a 66 nova shit you can tube the whole thing fron to rear and put strange struts in it and its still legal. I cant believe this G body thing isn't legal ive never seen John make anything illegal and ive never seen him stick to it if he did.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Now, while i can understand the strut issue on a nova/camaro(a-arm deals should be allowed, not struts), i can't understand the overall comparision thats being made here between a early nova/camaro or even a mustang for that matter..... One has a bolt in front end from the factory, where as a g -body has a full frame... Nothing to unbolt....

Comparing a g-body to either of the other platforms mentioned, is like comparing apples to peppers... They ain't the same..lol.

Jay

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
Would be nice if it was SO MORE G_BODY cars can play. Nova can have that tube front, Mustang get cut up with just a strut tower and a tiny front rail. G-Body cars need help also. Its a very nice piece for SURE and not far off what a mustang has as a K-Member

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts

Correct.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
So what if you install the tube frame kit AND hack the crap out of the stock cross member so the front and back STOCK bolt holes are still there with a small pcs of the stock frame?:p
This way the stock part of lower arm is still in place and bolts threw it into the new k-member

Always a WAY to bend them RULES

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
Pretty stupid if you ask me why it isn't legal compared to some of the stuff that is deemed legal.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Why wouldn't this be legal? That rule is horse shit. Good way to make the gbody guys give up and get fox bodys...I go to smgp and the only factory thing I seen on most foxes was the frame behind the strut tower and a little piece of the top of the factory strut tower. If that's legal why the fuck isn't this?

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
You have a full frame car, they have a uni-body car with a FACTORY REMOVABLE K - MEMBER. End of story.

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
John, if I use these . . .

. . . . can I use this . . .

. . . if it's bolted in ? :cool:

·
Registered
522 Posts
First gen fbody front ends bolt in until you run bars through the fire wall and weld them in so why are they legal if you need to cut them out to remove? So what's the difference 2 more welded points of attachment?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.