Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is a piece of shit. Touchscreen freezes up, it goes pig rich (>10-1 AFR) on decel, already had an IAC go out. The warranty is 90 days from date of purchase, so you only have 3 months to get your project done and tuned.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We have one on the super comp car, put it on in the late summer went from fourth in points to second, had a shot at winning a championship. just a few races but hasn't failed me yet.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine is very glitchy, the handheld freezes up sometimes. it dumps in and out of closed loop/learn mode all the time and it wont let me transfer the learn table to the base map

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
mine is very glitchy, the handheld freezes up sometimes. it dumps in and out of closed loop/learn mode all the time and it wont let me transfer the learn table to the base map

I thought that was the selling point to the sniper, in that it was self learning/tuning.

I want to try one of the Sniper 2's for a forced induction setup. I'm not tuning savvy so something that is self learning would be great.

Don't get the wrong idea. I do know how to build a fuel system, setup for an engine like that, but I'm still out in left field on tuning that kind of setup.

Aren't the Fitech setups self learning like the Sniper? How well are they to "self learn"?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I sell tons of them and install and tune them also. So far havent found a combo that wouldnt work, have had to use my laptop and advanced settings on a couple but not a big deal.

·
Confused Racer
40,498 Posts
mine was dead fat when I got it. I'm impatient so I just plugged in the software and cleaned it up. so far its good.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
had nothing but good to say about mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Couldn’t be happier with mine. I’m using the full system; Dual Sync and nitrous control. This summer will be two years of problem free service.

·
Nitrous Junky
10,820 Posts
G.I./G.O.

I have installed a half a dozen not including my personal; car that I used for testing. Great system if you know how to do it right and can do basic Diagnostics. Getting ready to put another one on my dads 62 Impala.

If you have problems with this one you should really try a FiTech or a FAST EZ LOL!

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts
10 minutes with laptop software on cars with a lot of cam overlap and even those dial in with ease.

If you're struggling with a Sniper, EFI isn't for you.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I know a buddy that was having rfi issues and Holley told gum they knew that they were having issues with that and for him to make a shield and cover it with foil reflective tape to block any rfi from plug wires or ignition components. So I bought the fitech power adder 600hp kit to put my turbo on. I also am not efi savy, but have a decent grasp on tuning. My fitech is hard to start some times (just cranks and cranks) after letting the fuel pump cycle and waiting for the injector “click”. And almost every time after a harder acceleration, it will shut rite off like I turned the key off when I slow down and push the clutch in. When it goes to restart, it has a really long crank, idles like shit for a min then clears up and is fine. The hand held don’t lose power. I haven’t messed with the car much after I got pissed with the small amount of trouble shooting I did and 2nd is starting to grind lol. Oh and I bought the whole kit, fuel system and all

·
Registered
16,390 Posts
EFI grounds are critical. I would go through your installation and verify you are using good wiring techniques. Do not expect the body to carry a ground all the way from the battery, through the body, to where you have the ecu grounded. Thats where I would start.

·
Registered
416 Posts
EFI grounds are critical. I would go through your installation and verify you are using good wiring techniques. Do not expect the body to carry a ground all the way from the battery, through the body, to where you have the ecu grounded. Thats where I would start.
Thanks for the info. I’ll start there when I drag it back out in a few weeks. Gotta get to work for drag week since we have a good shot being 601-700 on the wait list lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts