Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build a centersection for a IRS using a 9" differntial. I can machine and weld the housing but don't know what to use for axles and flanges,seals to attach to the center. Can someone help or steer me in the right direction. The application is a small homebuilt road race style of car Thx

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
So if you look at this G Force set up for the S550 Mustang....

https://treperformance.com/i-23900311-ford-mustang-s550-complete-gforce-performance-9-rear-end-irs-kit-2015.html

It uses a simple short axle shaft for the inner stub, with the factory Ford Big Bearing (old style) end pattern... so it just uses sealed bearings and retainer rings that are common for a regular normal length 9" Ford.

The bolt pattern on the short inner stub shaft is a 6 bolt. This is most likely the same 6 bolt pattern that the big "Porsche 930" CV shafts use. There are all kinds of factory and aftermarket inner CV joints these days based on the old 930 CV that use that same 6 bolt pattern and have various spline inner races.
Will

·
Registered
690 Posts
if you check out Sean Lyddy on facebook he just installed a nine inch equipped jag style rear end on a 59 El Camino was bad ass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts