Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
eats paint chips
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your jacket wont cert, Why would you buy a chute from him?

·
Registered
966 Posts
or anything else for that matter

·
eats paint chips
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You do understand that those ads are bought months in advance, right?
I understand that I can change my ads anytime i want in RPM. and its not weekly. I also understand that the add only has chutes in it not belts , not pants, not jackets, but chutes. I also understand my self and others are out 700 plus dollars

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
I understand that I can change my ads anytime i want in RPM. and its not weekly. I also understand that the add only has chutes in it not belts , not pants, not jackets, but chutes. I also understand my self and others are out 700 plus dollars

Then you know that there's no way that Impact! can get out of the obligation to pay for that space, but they can change the art right up until it ships to the printer. So I guess you just wanted to vent, really, and it was a rhetorical question.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i wonder how many people will be out of jobs when impact goes down... sad to see from a company that looked like one of the better ones.

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
Does NHRA own SFI?
No.

What Is the SFI Foundation, Inc.?
The SFI Foundation, Inc. (SFI) is a non-profit organization established to issue and administer standards for specialty/performance automotive and racing equipment.
What Do the Letters "SFI" Stand For?
SFI was originally a foundation run by SEMA, the automotive aftermarket trade organization. The letters "SFI" stood for "SEMA Foundation, Inc." Although SFI is now completely independent from SEMA, the Foundation has retained the name SFI Foundation, Inc. but the "S" no longer means SEMA.
Who Uses SFI Standards?
Manufacturers of equipment are the primary users of SFI standards. Some standards are adopted as part of the rules of race sanctioning organizations. Ultimately, the consumer benefits from the program as it establishes recognized levels of performance or quality for a product.
How is the SFI Standards Program Funded?
Participating manufacturers pay for development and administration of these programs through licensing fees and/or unit charges. Also, interested associations have provided grants and donations.
How is a Standard Initiated?
The SFI Technical Committee initiates the specification process, typically at the request of the affected industry or race sanctioning body.
How is Participation Obtained?
SFI encourages industry-wide participation in the drafting of specifications. However, once a standard is enacted, participation by the manufacturer is strictly voluntary.
What About Enforcement?
Typically, there are policing provisions through contractual or licensing agreements whereby SFI may inspect the records and/or equipment of a manufacturer in order to ascertain that the product involved meets SFI Specs. Once a manufacturer has voluntarily committed to participating in the program, it must comply with the specifications in all respects.
How Are the Specs Used in Racing?
When adopted as part of the rules of a race sanctioning body, enforcement is entirely up to that organization. The manufacturer then provides the racer with product that is in compliance with the specs enforced by the sanctioning body.

http://www.sfifoundation.com/

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,001 Posts
i wonder how many people will be out of jobs when impact goes down... sad to see from a company that looked like one of the better ones.
kinda what i was thinking , i think they should striaghten up there act , get legit and continue to do business , they have good stuff , they just need to make it legal .

as for the chutes ... i preffer stroud .

·
eats paint chips
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then you know that there's no way that Impact! can get out of the obligation to pay for that space, but they can change the art right up until it ships to the printer. So I guess you just wanted to vent, really, and it was a rhetorical question.
ya yer probly right i wanted to vent
hell I cant even spell rhetorical , let alone use it in a sentance. I usually dont speak up on this stuff but as far as im concerned Impact and bill simpson can go eat a dick. They out and out fucked their client base. And as far as I can tell doing nothing to make it right? but maybe Im the bad guy here?
oh there you go another retorical question ha ha ha ( told you I couldnt spell it)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was surprised they had a stand at Houston. I didn't stop to look but was told they were practically giving away helmets.

·
Registered
720 Posts
kinda what i was thinking , i think they should striaghten up there act , get legit and continue to do business , they have good stuff , they just need to make it legal .

as for the chutes ... i preffer stroud .

to late to straighten anything out.. ur dealing with peoples lives and thier credibility is SHOT.

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
ya yer probly right i wanted to vent
hell I cant even spell rhetorical , let alone use it in a sentance. I usually dont speak up on this stuff but as far as im concerned Impact and bill simpson can go eat a dick. They out and out fucked their client base. And as far as I can tell doing nothing to make it right? but maybe Im the bad guy here?
oh there you go another retorical question ha ha ha ( told you I couldnt spell it)

I totally understand the sentiment. Unless you're actually in a crash/fire, all you're really buying from a company like Impact! is peace-of-mind and confidence in the products, and there's pretty much no way Bill Simpson is ever gonna be able to sell that to anyone again.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
I totally understand the sentiment. Unless you're actually in a crash/fire, all you're really buying from a company like Impact! is peace-of-mind and confidence in the products, and there's pretty much no way Bill Simpson is ever gonna be able to sell that to anyone again.
Not even if he set himself on fire again w/ a legal sfi tag on the suit?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts