Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a nice 4.8 with .020 over wiseco 10-1 pistons, gen 4 rods, and std stock crank

I've been holding out using this engine as my target is around 900 to 1000 using a TTiX twin turbo kit, champion 3" down pipes, 3" exh, AFR 225 heads cathedral

I'll be using e85, ls9 gaskets, head studs, and the turbos are t3/t4 hybrids that flow enough for around 1000-1100 hp

hoping going down in displacement a bit will help the smallish turbos and allow for 7500 without choking to extend the power band (been runnin 6000)

I hate the weight increase but being down on bucks and having this ready to put in the game vs building a new engine I'm thinking of going for it.

I also have an alum 5.3 block, nice LSA forged crank, scat rods, and likely the summit forged turbo pistons .020 over

I'd like to move forward with building this engine as I've got everything but the pistons.

Like to hear from you all about good machine shops in the Northern VA area (willing to travel a bit) that could help with the alum block build

this application is a 2003 z06 corvette swapped with an rpm built 4l65E and precision multi disk 3200 conv.

Any advice is appreciated!! Now that it's cooling down and I've got more time I need to boost a muv

·
Registered
115 Posts
From experience it takes around 600 more rpm to get the little guy going off the starting line to run the same

1 - 4 of 4 Posts