Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
son broke his ipod screen still works but hard to see anyone know if they can be fixed ?
can u buy the parts do it yourself?
is it worth it ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
i did my sons. bought an ebay kit for like 15.00 took my time at it works fine. just make sure you buy the one with the frame not just the glass.

·
having fun
31,331 Posts
apple charges 100 bucks to give you a refurb,they will not repair youres-they just send you another one...

ive got 2 now,one with a cracked screen and a perfect one-im not paying 50 percent of the purchase price to repair,i got the second one for 100 bucks from a friend who didnt need it

im assuming youres is a 4g?

·
having fun
31,331 Posts
i did my sons. bought an ebay kit for like 15.00 took my time at it works fine. just make sure you buy the one with the frame not just the glass.

was that a 3 or 4?

the retina display in the 4 is part of the glass from what ive been told....but ive also never attemped to repair mine-broken glass 4g

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I did the front and back replacement on this once raggedy Touch. It was given to me locked up and broken and I bought a couple Ebay kits with the front, back and the frame you need. Kits came with tools too. Front is very easy. Back is way involved/ mega small parts....

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
was that a 3 or 4?

the retina display in the 4 is part of the glass from what ive been told....but ive also never attemped to repair mine-broken glass 4g
correct...the iPhone 3G and 3Gs were simple glass replacements, but the 4 and 4s are screen attached. last time I checked they were expensive, but that wasn't long after they came out either.

for the op just check eBay and get a kit and do it yourself...very small parts and tideous job, but can be knocked out fairly easy.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
I did the front and back replacement on this once raggedy Touch. It was given to me locked up and broken and I bought a couple Ebay kits with the front, back and the frame you need. Kits came with tools too. Front is very easy. Back is way involved/ mega small parts....

different animal...new ones are easier. the first ones were the hardest to get apart without destroying the metal back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts