Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance on using an AT&T iphone when I switch over to Verizon? It's a 3GS.

Or should I just get new phones for the wife and myself even if it can be done?

Im about 6 months into the 2 year contract with AT&T but it doesnt show the slightest hint of wanting to work where I live. It's kind of pointless.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Droid ftw

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
No you can't since Verizon is a CDMA network and the verizon iphone is CDMA but the AT&T phone is a GSM. I have the iphone 4 for AT&T but service sucks I go to every track, i'm switching back to verizon when my contract ends.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
did you look into the microcell? that might be easier and cheaper for the use at home anyway.

The only problem with that is when the snow comes this winter and blows like an SOB the roads develop some nasty drifts. Id hate for my wife to be stuck with our 9 month old and 5 year old and a phone that doesn't get service. That is one route that I considered but dont want to chance the latter happening.

Anyone use the Casio g'zONE phone? Im rough on shit. Ive had otterbox covers on my all of my other phones if the g'zONE sucks.

·
Pics of wife?
4,204 Posts
Any chance on using an AT&T iphone when I switch over to Verizon? It's a 3GS.

Or should I just get new phones for the wife and myself even if it can be done?

Im about 6 months into the 2 year contract with AT&T but it doesnt show the slightest hint of wanting to work where I live. It's kind of pointless.
did you just move? I have known plenty of people who either got new phones or out of the contract altogether because of no service.

even if you didn't just move there, no service is no service.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you just move? I have known plenty of people who either got new phones or out of the contract altogether because of no service.

even if you didn't just move there, no service is no service.

I didn't just move but I just joined AT&T. I get a nice discount through work so I went with them. It just so happens that their service is almost non existant where I live (even though their map shows that it works).

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
I didn't just move but I just joined AT&T. I get a nice discount through work so I went with them. It just so happens that their service is almost non existant where I live (even though their map shows that it works).
same here and they won't help me out.. i live east of champaign/urbana

·
Maderator
16,223 Posts
I'm not much help, but I'm not that far from you, I have an IPhone 4 with Verizon and I get great service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts