1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
RAKER
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
Same, I was just about to post it, bought it for AT&T back in July and pay 80 a month, may just got back to Verizon in about 6 months pay the ETF because the service I have with AT&T isn't that great.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
Ill wait untill the new iphone comes out and stay with AT&T. The new one wont be on verizon

·
RAKER
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe the current iPhones being released will not have LTE network since of the high demand for the phone. Also, verizon uses CDMA instead of GSM which means you can't use voice and data at the same time on verizon as you can on AT&T. There will be a few trade-offs, but overall I think it will be good for the competition. Now AT&T will probably up their Android market whereas Verizon will up their iPhone market.

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
I believe the current iPhones being released will not have LTE network since of the high demand for the phone. Also, verizon uses CDMA instead of GSM which means you can't use voice and data at the same time on verizon as you can on AT&T. There will be a few trade-offs, but overall I think it will be good for the competition. Now AT&T will probably up their Android market whereas Verizon will up their iPhone market.
Yeah, I bet you'll see an LTE iphone within the next 2 years and that's probably when i'll switch over.

·
RAKER
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same here. I'm not jumping ship quite yet until I see how good the service is, make sure the device is bug free, and as you said, has LTE. Wonder if it will bog Verizon's network down at all?

Yeah, I bet you'll see an LTE iphone within the next 2 years and that's probably when i'll switch over.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Apple screwed themselves by originally releasing the iphone exclusive to only AT&T, which is a terrible service, by the way. Now Verizon, the best service provider IMO (I've had T-mobile, Nextel/Sprint, AT&T, and finally Verizon) will be getting to offer the iphone on their network.

Well, too little, too late. The Droid phones and applications make the iphone look like 2 soup cans and a piece of loose string.

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
Same here. I'm not jumping ship quite yet until I see how good the service is, make sure the device is bug free, and as you said, has LTE. Wonder if it will bog Verizon's network down at all?
Yup, i'll stick with AT&T and the iphone but when the LTE comes out i'm just going to go back on my family plan that I left for the iphone originally lol.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Yup, i'll stick with AT&T and the iphone but when the LTE comes out i'm just going to go back on my family plan that I left for the iphone originally lol.
You do know ATT is bringing LTE this year too right:smt102

As far as me I have EDGE here, but have great voice coverage, and don't wanna give up that for a chance that vzw may suck...

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
So i have the Droid x and love it and all the stuff it does

Can someone tell me exactly what would make the iphone better than the Droid?

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts