Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of moving up there, I mainly race dirt tracks and I know that is strong up there. I also do some drag racing and street stuff. Anybody up there got any thoughts. thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Winters are long and cold. Summer is hot and muggy. Corn for as far as you can see. You can't toss a cat and not hit a dirt track. Any drag racing worth doing is a min. 5 Hrs away. Other than that it is paradise here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had several people tell me that the summers are hot and muggy but when I look at the temps its about 10-20 degrees cooler there than here in Texas. Oh well thanks for the reply

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
I have had several people tell me that the summers are hot and muggy but when I look at the temps its about 10-20 degrees cooler there than here in Texas. Oh well thanks for the reply
Iowa has been having cooler temps than normal, the summers are probably not as hot as Texas but the humidity in Iowa makes it miserable at times. As far as winters you better invest in some long john's and a bigger coat. Iowa has a different hot in the summer with the humidity and a different cold in the winter with the chill.

·
Registered
16,490 Posts
I've run my best times at CFR and Tri state. All the cold stuff comes through here first, it ain't that cold there.
:-Daw

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
I can deal with cold but heat just pisses me off
Don't let anyone fool you, Iowa is Hot/Humid and sticky it can be just miserable at times. I was born a raised here. I have been plenty of places where it is much hotter than here, but it isnt any more miserable.

I lived in Milwaukee Wi for 23 yrs also, the northern states are not any colder then Iowa they just have more snow fall. And the winter season seem a tad longer to me.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
The Temp isnt too bad here in Iowa, its the humidity that kills ya, and yes the winters are long but IMO it makes the racing in the summer that much better because you get a break every year. I live in CR and race circle track mods and also have a mustang I drive around and drag race. Where I live I can get to 3, 1/4 mile strips within about 1.5 hours, tristate in earlville, cedar falls, and cordova, probably 7 or more circle tracks in the same area, asphalt and dirt. What class is your dirt car? whats the drag car??

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive got an asphalt truck and a southern sport mod, I would sell both of those before I left and build a modified and or a I/stock. I Have two mustangs left sold everything else. It seems to me that the summers are hot but for only a couple of months. its usually 90+ from about april to november here. It seems that way anyway. thanks for all your reply's

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was thinking of keeping mine and changing the rear stub but I am not sure the differences in rules would be what I want. It seems like I might as well just build a mod. we shall see I am going to the super nationals and hopefully that will tell me more about the racing up there. thanks

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
maybe I'll see you up there, usually I am gone on drag week the same time but they moved super nats up a week earlier this year, hopefully you have hotels or whatever already arranged because they do fill up fast

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.