A Senior Member
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a good stock to invest in?

Reactions: rschap1

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
This is another thing that I wonder if the smart people have given much thought to? Who is the leading maker of the batteries for all of these new electric cars and how are they going to recycle the old batteries? When we go to war with China will they cut off the supply of batteries that all these new electric cars are going to need and have people stranded because the batteries will no longer be available?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Musk has invested in mining it here. Chinese company is also going after land in Utah where it is a resource. I would look into US mining operations.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Another major component in the batteries is graphite. Here in central Alabama we probably have the biggest deposit of it in the world and they are supposed to start mining in 2022. Think I'll invest a few dollars. Hopefully it'll do as good as predicted.
Font Rectangle Number Parallel Screenshot

·
A Senior Member
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is all very interesting.

·
Registered
23,066 Posts
Never mind that shit, WTF am I going to do with my gas powered lawn mower ??

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Solid state batteries will put lithium out to pasture once they overcome some of the issues. They're doing well in initial testing but scaling it may be a bitch.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Musk has invested in mining it here. Chinese company is also going after land in Utah where it is a resource. I would look into US mining operations.
This country needs to cut chinas dick off and disallow any purchase or buy up of any major land purchases (over 10 acres) or buy out of any major businesses

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
This is another thing that I wonder if the smart people have given much thought to? Who is the leading maker of the batteries for all of these new electric cars and how are they going to recycle the old batteries? When we go to war with China will they cut off the supply of batteries that all these new electric cars are going to need and have people stranded because the batteries will no longer be available?
Fuck electric cars, fuck China, fuck Biden, fuck the Democrats.

·
Age of Acquiescence
33,420 Posts
I just read an article posted here this week about the massive gains found by researchers using silicone as anodes VS Lithium

Iirc it was 10x better.....
The way I see it, a huge reason why we invaded Afghanistan was the lithium resources, and trillions in others. That was 20 years ago guys.

Russian geologists discovered all the geological resources early 80s, and why we repelled them. That was 40 years ago......

In other words, them telling you to invest now?? Maybe 20 years ago, sure.....not sure about now

·
A Senior Member
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: speedwrench44

·
Registered
30,298 Posts
This country needs to cut chinas dick off and disallow any purchase or buy up of any major land purchases (over 10 acres) or buy out of any major businesses

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
While I agree with this, in reality you have to know there are thousands of traitorous assholes who would shill for the Chinese in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Never mind that shit, WTF am I going to do with my gas powered lawn mower ??
They have electric lawn mowers now that work the same as those automatic vacuum cleaners, it just cuts your lawn by itself and then goes back to the docking station.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts